Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

fuel cell, first project with new welder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good if you like that custom made.

Comment

Looks similar to my 5.0
      AFR heads ... gotta luv em'

Comment

thanks guys. best time to date is a 11.65 yeah carbednotch motors look pretty similar. is yours still a 302. what kind of times you getting. the motor is a 306 with afr 185 heads,rpm air gap,and a xe 274hr cam.
        Last edited by spence648; 06-15-2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Looks pretty good just one thing
          Where are all of your bungs or hose fittings?
          When i build tanks usually i put all that stuff in before i close it up so i can get the chips out.

Comment

Originally posted by has2tig View Post
            Looks pretty good just one thing
            Where are all of your bungs or hose fittings?
            When i build tanks usually i put all that stuff in before i close it up so i can get the chips out.
            You beat me to it...just as Has2 mentioned it may have been easier to mount your AN fittings to the sump area as well as your vent line on top before welding? It's your show but that's my $0.02's worth.

Nice work and nice ride...mid 11's are no joke. On that note I am amazed at how many people at the strip think 11's are slow...too bad their grocery getter runs in the 18's!

Tom

Comment

i have still yet to order the fittings,vent and the cap. really in no hurry to get it in will pry do it this winter and tub the car at the same time. i was just looking for something to weld to try out the welder, on the other note i still have to cut a hole in the top for the cap i figured i could just put my hand through the hole before i put the cap on to put the bulkheads in. then use a shop vac to get all the shavings out.

Comment

you should be able to get it clean then. Just make sure you get everything out and you are goin to presure test it right.

Comment

yes im going to weld a threaded 3/4 pipe to the top in the middle of the circle for the cap to put air to it. use soap and water to test it then cut out the circle.

Comment

how much time do you have into the tank? how big is it? and where did you get you material?

Comment

as far as time, probly a hour and a half. it is around a 5 gallon tank measures 12x12x8. i got the material through my work so it pry came from ryerson or alcoa.

Comment

thats not bad at all. I love getting material from work. I have built a few tanks that way. Did you shear it at work too. And once again very nice.

Comment

yeah those are nice.....J.R. teach ya that???

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.