Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trans cross member

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans cross member

Thought I'd post some pix of a conversion I'm doing on my '70 VW bug. I'm installing a '85 porsche 915 five speed transmission in it. I used Volvo 240 motor mounts, and some 1 1/2 .120 wall DOM tubing with some 3/16th plate bent-up for the rest. It was all MIG welded.

Thats cool. When i was 19 i built a 1966 VW with a front mounted Ford 351 Cleveland. It was an easy project. Of course my dad had everything i needed in his shop...Bob

Comment

Thank's. The V8 swap's are easy, but I prefer to keep them aircooled. Plus, keep the engine in the back. Trust me...you will think there's a V8 in here when it's all done

Comment

Did you cut channel, or bend the brackets?

Comment

The center plate is bent 3/16th plate. The rest is cut from different sizes of square tubing (3/16th thick)

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.