Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy here. Some intercooler and piping work on my acura

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here. Some intercooler and piping work on my acura

First i must say i have had no one to teach me how to weld. I simply bought a syncrowave 200 runner package and a bunch of scrap. Anyways here is my project i have been working on. Any feedback appreciated.

Last edited by envano; 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM.

looks pretty good. im new on here too, its nice to see another teg owner here. are you on h-t? where do you get you alum plate from? and in what size?

Comment

Originally posted by got wide View Post
      looks pretty good. im new on here too, its nice to see another teg owner here. are you on h-t? where do you get you alum plate from? and in what size?

Hey. Yes i am on H-T i am user 0554 on there. I get it from metal supermarket and its 1/8''. Depending on what i am doing i have them cut it to size and if not i use my bandsaw.

Comment

how well do you like your synk 200? i am very close to picking one up.

Comment

Nice welds, I like the car too!

Comment

Good pics. nice catch can too.

Comment

Dont really like the car (more of a RX7 or RWD guy myself) But I appreciate the time, sweat, blood, and money in it.

Work looks good though, and you aren't scrimping on quality. Rock on.

Comment

wow good work.Did you make your own intercooler also?

Comment

Originally posted by mx_racer428 View Post
                  how well do you like your synk 200? i am very close to picking one up.
                  i like it. i havent had anything i couldnt weld up yet. As far as comparing it to other machines only thing i can compare it to is an econotig and sync180.

Comment

Originally posted by On fire most of the time View Post
                    Dont really like the car (more of a RX7 or RWD guy myself) But I appreciate the time, sweat, blood, and money in it.

Work looks good though, and you aren't scrimping on quality. Rock on.
                    Thanks. I am exactly like you. Dont care for many other cars but hey. I respect a fast car no matter what it is. If its fast who cares what kind of car it is.

Comment

Originally posted by wheels 2 View Post
                      wow good work.Did you make your own intercooler also?

picked up a garrett core and then i built the endtanks.

Comment

How are you cooling that engine ? I see no radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bigs View Post
                          How are you cooling that engine ? I see no radiator.
                          lol. wasnt installed during those pictures. lol its actually still not installed haha.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboIntegra42r View Post
                            Thanks. I am exactly like you. Dont care for many other cars but hey. I respect a fast car no matter what it is. If its fast who cares what kind of car it is.
                            Everyone has their preferences!

I think you should get another core, and make your own radiator as well...might as well. It'd be good practice anyway.

Anything put together well, that halls @$$ is worth a look though. I agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by On fire most of the time View Post
                              Everyone has their preferences!

I think you should get another core, and make your own radiator as well...might as well. It'd be good practice anyway.

Anything put together well, that halls @$$ is worth a look though. I agree with that.
                              That is exactly what i am going to do when i get more time. Right now i am going to run a stock radiator and later this year i am going to build a custom one.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.