new jd tube notcher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Hole saws come in many sizes and yes they do come smaller than 1/2. I have a similar version of the notcher posted and it works great. You can make high angle notches, offset notches, compound notches and clamp it to a larger pipe and drill holes through for sleeves. That is very handy for race cage building as you can shave off small amounts to dial down to a tight fit. With this type unit the shaft is larger than 1/2 so you can't make high angle drill throughs in sizes under 1"

Thank You. My ten minutes of interwb search didn't find one. I'll try again.

John
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Comment

Where are you located in Florida?

BC.

Where in Florida are you located?

I live in east central Florida (Melbourne).

Nice tube notcher.

David
      Learn new things every day.
      You only have so many days.

Century Mig.
      Craftsman stick.
      Miller Diversion 165 Tig
      Hobart Plasma
      HF DC Tig
      1-O/A out fit

Comment

My JD notcher looks good. However, I think I am going to weld a 1/4 inch thick piece of aluminum at a right angle to the notcher so instead of claming the tool in a vise end for end I will have that flange to clamp to. What do you think?

Comment

ive got one of the notchmasters too the only thing that beats this is an endmill. i just wish i could find some better holesaw to shaft adapters ive had the morse and lennox ones fail
          MM 251
          DYNASTY 200DX
          SPECTRUM 625
          STARTS AND STRIPES BIG WINDOW ELITE

Comment

I have the same tube notcher... its a beast!
            sigpic
            Millermatic 252
            Miller Dynasty 200DX

Comment

There are problems with tools like the Low Buck notcher - you've got to guess at how much material to remove for anything other than 90 degrees. Get it wrong and you have a bad fit. The hole saw versions have a limit on the sharpness of the angle. I got to borrow the use of a Mittler and was able to cut a 27 degree angle! The Mittler is high dollar and no way could I afford one just to build just one cage but it sure made life easy!

Comment

Anybody here ever built their own notcher? I'd be interested in design plans.
                Miller Syncrowave 200
                Homemade Water Cooler
                130XP MIG
                Spectrum 375
                60 year old Logan Lathe
                Select Machine and Tool Mill
                More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Working...
                X