Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

new jd tube notcher

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new jd tube notcher

boughrt a new jd2 tube notcher its HD
    must be 30lbs
    Attached Files

ive used one like it u wont have 2 clamp it down .real nice

Comment

Wow! That looks really solid. I bought the aluminum one and the jd m3 bender, havent seen it yet, but am excited to. Have you checked out their free bender software? I downloaded it and it looks pretty good. Havent put it to practicle use yet, but it looks promising. Make the mistake on the computer and not expensive material.

Comment

Originally posted by BC Iron works View Post
        boughrt a new jd2 tube notcher its HD
        must be 30lbs
        hope you like the hole saw notchers!, i bought a notcher made by Williams Lowbuck. its a mechanical notcher, no hole saw. its the best notcher ever made! i can notch the end of a tube in under 30 secs. cost around 300 dollars.

Comment

the jd2 was $300.00

Comment

That looks identical to my JMR and it has worked well for me for about 4 years now. Good solid tool. Mike.

Comment

Thats got to be the cleanest looking John Deer in the background of the 3rd pic i have ever seen. The notcher's cool too...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                Thats got to be the cleanest looking John Deer in the background of the 3rd pic i have ever seen. The notcher's cool too...Bob
                I agree It must be brand new...lol no way it would stay that clean here, even after I CLEANED it

Comment

what kind of drill is needed to use it

Comment

Originally posted by got wide View Post
                    what kind of drill is needed to use it
                    Come on! check out the Tubing nothcer from Williams Lowbuck! you dont need a drill! i can notch a tube in under 30 seconds, no drill, no drill bits, no sparks, or cutting fluid.
                    The Williams Lowbuck notcher is the only notcher i will ever use again, it has a case hardened jaw that takes a bite out of the steel. all you need is a 4 foot steel handle to operate notcher.

Comment

Originally posted by aspeyrer View Post
                      Come on! check out the Tubing nothcer from Williams Lowbuck! you dont need a drill! i can notch a tube in under 30 seconds, no drill, no drill bits, no sparks, or cutting fluid.
                      The Williams Lowbuck notcher is the only notcher i will ever use again, it has a case hardened jaw that takes a bite out of the steel. all you need is a 4 foot steel handle to operate notcher.
                      Ive used those, they arent as accurate for angles as a hole saw, or end mill, or sanding belt style.. Good for pipe though, and fast.

Comment

yes new jd mower
                        any pics of the williams
                        i use a milwaukee 1/2 drill
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can't beat the JD zero turn, (especially with Grandson at the wheel)
                          That notcher is definetly heavyduty!

Tim
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's an awesome looking tool and I'd be proud to have it.

There don't SEEM to be any 1/2" hole saws. Looks like they start at 3/4".

No demand for it, is there another way to notch 1/2" tubing or maybe it's just not done? It's probably a stupid question.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              That's an awesome looking tool and I'd be proud to have it.

There don't SEEM to be any 1/2" hole saws. Looks like they start at 3/4".

No demand for it, is there another way to notch 1/2" tubing or maybe it's just not done? It's probably a stupid question.

Thank You
                              Hole saws come in many sizes and yes they do come smaller than 1/2. I have a similar version of the notcher posted and it works great. You can make high angle notches, offset notches, compound notches and clamp it to a larger pipe and drill holes through for sleeves. That is very handy for race cage building as you can shave off small amounts to dial down to a tight fit. With this type unit the shaft is larger than 1/2 so you can't make high angle drill throughs in sizes under 1"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.