Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaust jig

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust jig

Does anyone have any ideas on how to build an exhaust jig for building racing exhaust?? Will go on mini sprints!!

Thanks,

Zeb

How many do you plan on building?

Makes a big difference on the design of the jig.

If just building 1-3 I would make a jig at all.

Comment

1/8 in. angle is a good choice. Make your first header on the car (or at least tack it). Then, use it to make the jig. Next, take a piece of angle and use it to bolt the flange to. Off of that make a frame that you can add more pieces of angle to in some of the long straight pieces of the primary tubing. It will look crazy without a header in the jig, but they work. The size angle depends on primary size. 2 in. is a good size for most. This is a very basic description I know, but it should help.

Comment

I guess I think a little different. I would fabricate the exhaust system on the engine/car, then start doing the power and tuning development on it. Lots of cutting up and changes until it works just right for the application. When everything it the way you like, then build a jig from the prototype. Just remember to let the fixture have a little "give" as to not stress the welds durring cooling. Have at it !

Comment

Aero, I thought about all of that, but He only asked how to make a jig. He may have a proven header design, but just wants to make some extras.

Comment

Originally posted by wrenchnride247 View Post
            Aero, I thought about all of that, but He only asked how to make a jig. He may have a proven header design, but just wants to make some extras.
            I dunno a guy that has already designed and fabricated his exhaust system probably doesnt need to ask how to make a jig for it

Comment

Well, If anything we've added some posts to his thread.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.