Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Dual in-tank pump setup

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Custom Dual in-tank pump setup

    Well, since alcohol requires quite a bit more volume than regular petroleum based fuels i had to come up with a way to improve flow at higher pressures and keeping pressure at higher volumes

    Since the pics are not hosted on a third party serve will just link to the build thread on my Mitsubishi forums.. Hope thats cool...well let me know what you think, they are 2 walbro 255lph pumps running in parallel.

    There wasn't much welding (some low silicone bronze TIG-brazing was most of it) then there was the "H" frame that attachés the pumps to each other.. a few little welds there too

    Let me know what you guys and galls think... I built the entire fuel system, pumps, lines fittings and all for less than the price of only the aftermarket dual pump hanger for a Mitsubishi eclipse (which are all known to leak from square one) 'm hoping to be leak free *prays*

    If this checks out good, the it's install the new turbo (should be in by next Thursday or so), add the nitrous, longer wheel studs for my custom 15 inch rims that hold my clickes... wold have go them today but the store was out of stock

    Here's the link, it's a simple project, but i'm very prod f how coena it came out, The fuel distribution block had to be made with a 4 inch angle grinder since my late and mill are at my folks place and i'm sure they wouldn't be happy to m=wake up to me mahciing
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt...#post151737136

  • #2
    Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
    Well, since alcohol requires quite a bit more volume than regular petroleum based fuels i had to come up with a way to improve flow at higher pressures and keeping pressure at higher volumes

    Since the pics are not hosted on a third party serve will just link to the build thread on my Mitsubishi forums.. Hope thats cool...well let me know what you think, they are 2 walbro 255lph pumps running in parallel.

    There wasn't much welding (some low silicone bronze TIG-brazing was most of it) then there was the "H" frame that attachés the pumps to each other.. a few little welds there too

    Let me know what you guys and galls think... I built the entire fuel system, pumps, lines fittings and all for less than the price of only the aftermarket dual pump hanger for a Mitsubishi eclipse (which are all known to leak from square one) 'm hoping to be leak free *prays*

    If this checks out good, the it's install the new turbo (should be in by next Thursday or so), add the nitrous, longer wheel studs for my custom 15 inch rims that hold my clickes... wold have go them today but the store was out of stock

    Here's the link, it's a simple project, but i'm very prod f how coena it came out, The fuel distribution block had to be made with a 4 inch angle grinder since my late and mill are at my folks place and i'm sure they wouldn't be happy to m=wake up to me mahciing
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt...#post151737136

    Nice, but you sure you need that much fuel?

    I upgraded to a single walbro 255 from a 190 that wasnt even near max..., just because I am going to need a little more with my next h/c setup. ANyways Im at 435 rwhp, and There is plenty left, I could probably be in the mid to upper 500's and still not have anything to worry about..


    I think a 255 is actually rated to 650 hp if memory serves me right.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yea, the reason i need 2 is for running E85, well i'm not sure i "needed" 2, but since i was going to build a whole -6 feed line it was only a matter of one other fitting and the junction block to add the second. I was having fuel startvation problems on 1kcc/in injectors being at 100% duty cycle at 431hp on e85 (which they shuoldn't have been, i've seen 445 made on 750cc/min injectors at just over 90% duty cycle)

      And since i had replaced my 255 once thinking maybe it was going bad causing my fuel shortages, i figured why not throw em both in there, at least there will be plenty for the injectors and the N20 system

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Badd00SS View Post
        Nice, but you sure you need that much fuel?

        I upgraded to a single walbro 255 from a 190 that wasnt even near max..., just because I am going to need a little more with my next h/c setup. ANyways Im at 435 rwhp, and There is plenty left, I could probably be in the mid to upper 500's and still not have anything to worry about..


        I think a 255 is actually rated to 650 hp if memory serves me right.
        You can never have too much fuel!

        Nice setup, I am thinking of doing a twin Walbro setup for a Mustang like that. A lot better than a sumped tank.

        Tobin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Powerstrokinit View Post
          You can never have too much fuel!

          Nice setup, I am thinking of doing a twin Walbro setup for a Mustang like that. A lot better than a sumped tank.

          Tobin
          Thats true, Just seems excessive to me.
          My car has been on a diet for years....

          OP, is your car going for 1/4 mile, or street use?
          Last edited by Badd00SS; 01-26-2009, 09:04 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's mainly a street sleeper, with an appetite for vettes and vipers

            I have some slicks and the trans is a custom close ratio with an ATB (automatic torque biasing) LSD - it uses helical (sp?) gears that press agaisnt each other instead of a pack of clutch disks, so it ensures a positive lock every time. It also won't slip, chatter, or need servicing.... Of course it's more for drag than for street use, but this same diff has been contracted for use in many OEM applications (the SRT-4 for example )

            it's a Quaife LSD if you know the brand.

            MY total goal is to break into the low 11's by sand-bagging until i get the launch down then i'm turning her loose. I want to be told i can't race anymore until i have a cage in the car

            THis car is also my daily driver (when i drive a car anyway)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
              It's mainly a street sleeper, with an appetite for vettes and vipers

              I have some slicks and the trans is a custom close ratio with an ATB (automatic torque biasing) LSD - it uses helical (sp?) gears that press agaisnt each other instead of a pack of clutch disks, so it ensures a positive lock every time. It also won't slip, chatter, or need servicing.... Of course it's more for drag than for street use, but this same diff has been contracted for use in many OEM applications (the SRT-4 for example )

              it's a Quaife LSD if you know the brand.

              MY total goal is to break into the low 11's by sand-bagging until i get the launch down then i'm turning her loose. I want to be told i can't race anymore until i have a cage in the car

              THis car is also my daily driver (when i drive a car anyway)
              I know that LSd well.

              All you have to do is run an 11.49 to get kicked out...

              When you take her down the strip post some info. I wanna see how she launches...

              Comment

              Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.