Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

3:19 AM..short block asssmebled and painted!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3:19 AM..short block asssmebled and painted!

I'll be waking up to UPS bnringing my aluminmum flywheel, the i'll be trucking it over to a bigger garage and putting it in.. Must break it in on sunday, then make a 1k mile trip to TX on monday to finlly get our wedding officially finalized (air force interupted it and took hert befdr it, but we;re already :common law: so i can still call her wife nad she calle me hubby ...

THe short block specs. ti's a 9:1 wiseco/eagle H-bean build.. good to hold around 700 horses.. i'll post pics when i can see and aactually tell what 'm typing

The head.. ha to ditch y ported one because a cam journal got chewed by what looked to have been a badger, so 'm putting a stock (best flwoing OEM ) head back on with new crower springs and retainers to go wth my 264/272 cam combo.,..then i just need my new turbobecaus e this on3e got trashed in the same insident and i should be well back into the 400hp club

g'night all...had to tell soem one ,and ono one is awake....barely me!
    g'night all

Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
    I'll be waking up to UPS bnringing my aluminmum flywheel, the i'll be trucking it over to a bigger garage and putting it in.. Must break it in on sunday, then make a 1k mile trip to TX on monday to finlly get our wedding officially finalized (air force interupted it and took hert befdr it, but we;re already :common law: so i can still call her wife nad she calle me hubby ...

THe short block specs. ti's a 9:1 wiseco/eagle H-bean build.. good to hold around 700 horses.. i'll post pics when i can see and aactually tell what 'm typing

The head.. ha to ditch y ported one because a cam journal got chewed by what looked to have been a badger, so 'm putting a stock (best flwoing OEM ) head back on with new crower springs and retainers to go wth my 264/272 cam combo.,..then i just need my new turbobecaus e this on3e got trashed in the same insident and i should be well back into the 400hp club

g'night all
    Cool What block? Sounds like a 4 banger with your description.... 4g63?

Comment

Originally posted by turboglenn View Post

g'night all

All that said and done...congrats!!! BUT WHERE ARE THE PICS??!!!

Comment

go eagle rods . Heres some of mine...

That was one of my wiseco pistons too. 16lbs on a k20 @ 8K, I'm thinking it jumped timing...but I dont really know what happened. That was "only" pushing about 375whp

Comment

Broken Parts

As long as we're showing our best work . . . in this case, a Carrillo rod broke, shifted the cam timing and all the exhaust valves hit the pistons. Two broke off. One poked a hole in a piston, the other in the head. Still set a record (Bonneville) but had to go through impound to verify displacement.

I'm still using this head . . . as a fixture to build headers.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.