Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best welder for.......

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zkoobs1978 View Post
    Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am new at this so i dont know alot. However, for the money i think the econotig is great. I know it will do what i need it to!!!!!

Zeb
    the econotig is 20 yr old technology, buy the Maxstar 150 STL or STH it will kick the econotig's butt!, the Maxstar is light weight, inverter technology, you can run 110 or 220 and it will use little electricity. besides if you want to weld thin metals, get the STH model with HF start and pulsing options.
    I build 125 shifter kart chassis and weld 1 1/4 tubing all day, and this maxstar 150 kicks ass!

Comment

When the EconoTig was first introduced (or at least when I first heard about it, about 1992?) it was the machine I wanted, as it looked like I could maybe afford it. Relatively speaking.

As it turned out, it wasn't until about 4-1/2 years ago that I really got serious and my work demanded a TIG machine. Fortunately, I was able to get the Dynasty 200DX (from IOC http://www.indianaoxygen.com/products.html) and I love it!

About two (2) weeks ago, I was asked the same question from a friend of a friend, and there happened to be a slightly used 200DX on Ebay for a really good price. I just checked that link again, and it looks like nobody bid on it! The buyer was asked how many hours were on it, and I believe the answer he gave were how many cycles (he could not have welded that many hours in 1-1/2 years ). I would send the seller an E-mail and see if it's still available. Jeez, at that price, I wouldn't mind a duplicate! Let us know... http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLER-DYNASTY-2...3A1%7C294%3A50
      Last edited by Randy Forbes; 02-04-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        Craig, dry wit or not...don't worry, everybody knows that you are just
        a butt wipe.........
        oops sorry, butt wit
        Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, you didn't think I'd miss this did you Bert?? No crimes go unpunished on the internet. I'll swim out there this weekend and slap some sense into you. Whoops, wait-a-minit, NASCAR qualifying is on TV after a 3 month layoff. You'll just have to live in fear until I can get to you.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
          I'm thinking Miller got their autoline tech from a chinese company they bought out called Powcon...now THAT is a chinky sounding name if I ever heard one.
          Powcon was a San Diego, CA USA based company that pioneered, designed and manufactured some of the first inverter welders. They were bought out by Miller around 94-95. Most powcon welders are odd looking fiberglass boxes. The company I work for did the case design for one Powcon's last products in 1993, a small 130 amp, inverter machine that was about the same size as a Maxstar 140 or 150.

Comment

Originally posted by zkoobs1978 View Post
            I just wanted to know about welders. I enjoy all of the advice and everyones opinion. Somewhere in all of this, we all got out of hand. Just think of what we all could do if we laid down our petty differences and opinions of this and that and tried to work together! I think that there are positives about every welder and negitives about every welder. It just depends on what is going to do the best job for you and your applications. I am American and believe in buying American every chance I get to save AMERICAN jobs, but I am not against getting information from others. Thanks for all of the posts and information.

Zeb
            i have never ran the econotig, but i know the xmt304 is fairly inexpensive and quite reliable. and you could get a wirefeeder for it in the future. the xmt's are very versatile. but i like my TB302

Comment

Wow.

I just caught up with this thread.

Any truth to the rumor that Bert is opening a new Chinese restaurant in Hawaii?

Heard the "featured dish" was going to be Wong Pow.

Sounds like chicken to me.

Comment

Originally posted by moto-scoot View Post
                Powcon was a San Diego, CA USA based company that pioneered, designed and manufactured some of the first inverter welders. They were bought out by Miller around 94-95. Most powcon welders are odd looking fiberglass boxes. The company I work for did the case design for one Powcon's last products in 1993, a small 130 amp, inverter machine that was about the same size as a Maxstar 140 or 150.
                Yea I was wrong on that for sure You know what they say about assuming

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.