Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

FusionKing, How did the Z-06 block go?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FusionKing, How did the Z-06 block go?

It has been about a month since it came up and I was wondering how the repair and/or quest for info was going. Thanks, JEFF

I really don't know. I relayed all the info to my brother and he wasn't sure if he was gonna do it or let me. That was the last I heard.
    If I get ahold of him I'll post an update.
    Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. I have some aluminum stuff around but I am not in a hurry to break it! That late model stuff has a lot of potential but it takes a big check book. JEFF

Comment

Originally posted by jeffscarstrucks View Post
        Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. I have some aluminum stuff around but I am not in a hurry to break it! That late model stuff has a lot of potential but it takes a big check book. JEFF
        It's getting cheaper, the LS1 world is doing alot better now... When my car first came out, stainless headers for it were $1400, now they settled to about $700-800. Same with aftermarket heads, $3,000+ to now $1200-2000...

Comment

The next motor i build will be an LS. I regret going old school when i built the 383 for my camaro. I could have gotten more power and better drivability if i went the LS route.

Comment

OK I got the lowdown. The guy has pretty much decided not to throw good money after bad. Even tho tho the first machine shop screwed up and cracked the block... it had cracked a cyl. already during dyno testing.
            After asking how much he owed my brother he just left it. It wasn't that much, just cleaning etc.
            As for the "cold" welding discussed in the earlier thread, I really don't buy it. I can't see inducing a ton of stress into something that is already crack prone and I would do whatever to relieve that from happening myself.
            IMO if yer gonna go that route then you may as well MiG it and get it over with...that's as cold as it gets... or should I say it stays? Just my opinion YMMV

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.