Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM - 210 For Sale

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM - 210 For Sale

I just found this on Craigs List in Tampa , Florida , for some one that may need it

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/904309941.html

Wish I would have been the guy who sold it to him

Comment

FusionKing Wish I would have been the guy who sold it to him
      LOL no kidding.

Comment

He could have bought 2 for that price! I'd say his salesman took the second home for himself. Retail on a new 212 is only $1895.00

Comment

i think he is just trying to make it sound like a better deal than it really is.
          $1000 for a 210 in great shape is not so bad, but it could never have been 2800.
          if he is a little flexable it could be a good deal.

Comment

i paid $2900.00 for my mm251 with 30A spoolgun

Comment

I paid 1100 for my 210 about 1 month ago that came with a spool gun, 80cf tank of ar full, and 6 rolls of al. It also had a 60ft cord on it and is in perfect shape.

I dont think that deal is great at all, or maybe I just got a smokin deal.

Comment

Almost exactly 2 years ago I paid $1400.00 for my 210 brand new at Carroll Welding Supply here in Abilene. No cylinder or wire was included. I'm renting the cylinder for $39/yr.

Comment

Originally posted by BC Iron works View Post
                  i paid $2900.00 for my mm251 with 30A spoolgun
                  Back in late 2002 I paid $2,506 out the door tax included for my MM 251 W/30A, two bottle rack and two flow regulators. I think the second flow regulator was a freebie tossed in. This Miller store 28 miles from home in the S.F. bay area. I went back the next saturday with more cash and got the promised super low price quote for the Speedglas 9001 hood. At 2 miles away the local Miller store was dead set on $3,462 before taxes welder only. Screw this. The Miller tech repair facility in my area said nothings different inside on the 252 vs 251 just the torch angle to make the same machine look totally new and the handles.
                  This is how they can warrant the price increase for the 252 welder, smart as they pulled it off.
                  My 251 is one great machine except I had to machine and add three different length tip holders then machine a different manufacrures tips from cylinder to tapered tips. This allowed me to weld up close inside the tight 33 degree angle "X" cross over pipe with different tip extensions sticking out way beyond the smaller nozzles that are available. I'm a "watch me" person.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-TX View Post
                    Almost exactly 2 years ago I paid $1400.00 for my 210 brand new at Carroll Welding Supply here in Abilene. No cylinder or wire was included. I'm renting the cylinder for $39/yr.
                    I recall my 280 C-25 bottle cost me $163 empty, back in 02 with a lease of $47 a year this a number I keep coming up with in my head. So 6 years for the Mig bottle would of been $282 if leased. Not so as owner owned. The Argon 280 bottle owner owned since 91 at $47 leased for 17 years would be $799 and in both cases they still own the bottles you have squat. Point across?
                    If you have a chance plus some extra cash handy get a larger owner owned bottle vs paying a lease that's easy money for your welding supply company. There are smaller owner owned bottles so drop the fear of having big heavy 280's that I have. Owner owned will pay for themseves within a short time besides the refills per cu/ft cost a lot less than those small bottles. I went full tilt and have two owner owned 280 cu/ft bottles, Argon for Tig and C-25 for Mig. A helium 280 that will need a hydro then Heavy yes but not loaded and transported as frequently. Nothings worse than stopping during a build project due to being out of gas this is usually timed on a weekend like sunday when your welding supply is closed and all your tools are out around your project. Your locked in on a mission then out of gas this sucks. Less forum BSN and more welding time is needed. Take care..................
                    Last edited by Carl W.; 11-05-2008, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl W. View Post
                      in both cases they still own the bottles you have squat. Point across?
                      CARL,

some areas around this great nation do not allow owner owned bottles above a certain size

The math is easy but iffin they don't sell em' you ain't gonna own em

Comment

Bottles

I got a "lifetime" lease at LWS for $195, asked about if I moved, now they say they may refund up to 1/2 on bottle, what a rip. I own my O/A tanks and will never again lease anything.

Comment

I recently bought a MM210 with 250cf owned bottle for $1000. I probably could have haggled $900, but it was a friend that needed money and the machine is practicaly new.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                            CARL,

some areas around this great nation do not allow owner owned bottles above a certain size

The math is easy but iffin they don't sell em' you ain't gonna own em
                            I Can't own anything bigger then an 80. Renting isn't the way to go for me.

James

Comment

Originally posted by StillBoostin View Post
                              I Can't own anything bigger then an 80. Renting isn't the way to go for me.

James
                              That sucks- I can't believe Baltimore has such a Policy

Are you allowed to fill a bigger jug if you buy one out of the City?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.