Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 200DX hidden menu

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200DX hidden menu

Mine is about 3 years old. How do you access the "Hidden Menu"

Mine is used, without the manual. If I download the correct manual by serial #, does it explain the hidden menu options?

Thanks

Originally posted by GWB View Post
    Mine is used, without the manual. If I download the correct manual by serial #, does it explain the hidden menu options?
    Yes, it will.

Comment

what type of options are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by 11b View Post
        what type of options are we talking about?
        More than my freekin' brain can handle stuff like start parameters and ramp up times and spot times and all sorts of that sorta stuff.
        It ain't nuthin to download...check it out!!

Comment

OH OH I am not going to touch that one. I have a hard enough time with the VCR (do we still use these)

Comment

There's a short video on it in the right hand corner of this thred.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiconmike View Post
              There's a short video on it in the right hand corner of this thred.
              http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/
              In the first video, independent EN/EP amp adjustment for AC TIG is the only feature I spotted that doesn't apply to the older models.

The second video is definitely based on the newer model. My 200DX was made in early '07 and you have to turn the power switch ON, then press process & amps buttons before the meters clear to get into the advanced menu. I can't access my advanced menu with the keystrokes they use in the video with Dig + Amps button (I went to my garage and tried it to confirm).

The manual (OM-2240) that shipped with my 200DX was NOT an easy read, but I figure it's one of those things you have to "chug through" if you want to use the machine to it's full potential. I've read the book at least a dozen times and I still don't get what you would use the mini-logic function for (page 43). I'll have to call up tech someday and ask them to send me a "Dynasty for dummies " manual - LOL

Comment

I found a page online once that i printed but cannot find the link again to post here.

A few of the ones i like or use are as follows.

All require turning the machine on while hgolding a combonation of buttons down until the meters clear of teh startup displays

Reset to factory defaults = Hold process, output and adjust buttons and turn machine on...defaults will be re-set as soon as the machine clears it's displays, I think you also have to shut it off and back on to start welding , but not sure as i've only used reset once

Gas pre=flow - hold process and adjust and turn on.

LOw OCV (open circuit voltage) for stick welding and used on "TIG liftarc" if no foot controlo is hooked up and the machine is just set to "on" - access by turning on while holding process, amperage, and adjust buttons - set to either low or normal

Arc timer - displays the total amount of arc time in hours and shows total number of arcs struck on the machine during it's life span... look in the manual for how to read the time display.. manual # 2240

TIG start polarity, time and amperage: Turn machine on while holding process and amperage buttons...the first thing to display will be the "start polarity" it will look like "-EN", hit amperage to get to the next item which is "start amperage" (will look like 40 ) and then hitting the amp button again takes you to "start time" again it will be at 40 for default, these are the AC TIG settings... if you switch to DC TIG you will have different defaults..looks like our manuals are similar, go to pages 37 through 39 and you will learn how to do it, the manual is just confusing to read the way they have it layed out.

I don't really mess with the others and don't even have notes on how to access them without going into the manual and looking.I do know all pages 38 through 56 of PM 2240 are about setting up different items in the hidden menu areas of the dynasty 200 machines (the preflow is a 200 series only thing since other dynasty models have a "pre-flow" button on them
                Last edited by turboglenn; 11-06-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Do the older Dynasty's have these menus? man i feel left out...

Comment

Originally posted by pyro2 View Post
                    Do the older Dynasty's have these menus? man i feel left out...

yep they do

Comment

Excellent... I'll be trying that out, is there a special way to access it on the older ones?

Comment

Originally posted by pyro2 View Post
                        Excellent... I'll be trying that out, is there a special way to access it on the older ones?
                        Get your serial number writen down and get a copy of your manual from the main Miller website. There's a place in the book that will tell you how and what it can do. Also, the newest of the new 200dx's have a waveform adjustment in the hidden menus. I think you have sign wave, square wave, advanced square wave and triangle wave on them, they are the ones produced from i believe mid-august 08 until current. Mine was made in the beginning of august and doesnt' have them I tried getting the seller to get me a new one some how on exchange or something but my sales rep couldn't get that one past management.

Comment

That's when I would have went elsewhere and bought the machine I WANTED!
                          Not your fault they want to sell off old stock.
                          My LWS was intelligent enuff to realize that I was buying a new Dynasty because of the new features. This is the exact reason why people are flocking to the internet!!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                            That's when I would have went elsewhere and bought the machine I WANTED!
                            Not your fault they want to sell off old stock.
                            My LWS was intelligent enuff to realize that I was buying a new Dynasty because of the new features. This is the exact reason why people are flocking to the internet!!
                            Well, i didn't know until well after i had bought the machine and put some hours on it, probably too many to have worked it out anyway. Oh well, You live and you learn and i let them take me for a ride and get an old dynasty out the door. hopefully these posts stop if from happening to any one else or at least gets thme a discount if the dynasty isn't the newest one. I did get it at a decent amount off retail, but i'm not sure what they really took me for honestly because i bought way too much stuff to know what i really should have gotten off of everything together. I do know i get better pricing than any one i know and for a while even got the price their 5k a week buyer was getting on rods and gas. Once my final numbers were in the system there i still only pay 4 dollars over what they get it for and they're a HUGE company. I have a friend that i use to live near and he works the counter and did the best he could for me but honestly the counter guys aren't too knowledgable about welding once you get past the basics.
                            Last edited by turboglenn; 11-08-2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

sorry, double postted when i meant to edit.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.