Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Might Be A Mechanic If

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Laiky View Post
    You have a pile of broken stuff, that your convinced, you can repair and actually save money.
    How about several piles

    www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

    Comment


    • #17
      You might b a mechanic if you have more projects than you have time.

      Comment


      • #18
        You might be a mechanic if you have to open the hood on your daily driver every time you start it!
        at home:
        2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
        2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
        2008 Suitcase 12RC
        Spoolmatic 30A
        WC-24
        2009 Dynasty 200DX
        2000 XMT 304
        2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
        Sold:MM130XP
        Sold:MM 251
        Sold:CST 280

        at work:
        Invision 350MP
        Dynasty 350
        Millermatic 350P
        Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

        Comment


        • #19
          You might be a mechanic if you buy an item that turns out to be defective, and instead of returning it you consider it a challenge, and an oppertunity to "improve" the design.
          Dynasty 200 DX
          Millermatic 175
          Spectrum 375
          All kinds of Smith OA gear

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Laiky View Post
            You have a pile of broken stuff, that your convinced, you can repair and actually save money.
            Or can cobble together with some of the other broken stuff to make something useful and functional.

            Originally posted by mudsplasher View Post
            You might b a mechanic if you have more projects than you have time.
            Guilty as charged yer honor.

            I've got a whiteboard in the garage just for "the list" No matter how hard I work, it always seems to be going the wrong direction.
            Millermatic 180 Auto Set

            Comment


            • #21
              I am a clean mechanic, seems I can manage to do most stuff without rolling around in the grease. No need to wipe hands on pants.

              Comment


              • #22
                You might be a mechanic if the bottom drawer of the roll cab contains in no particular order.

                1. an old speedo cable (for stringing wire)
                2. various sizes of "cheap wrenches" bent to do one specific job
                3. two (or more) dried up tubes of silicon
                4. approximately 31 pieces of wire: spark plug, mechanic's wire,16 gauge, 14 gauge, 12 gauge and in all different colors and no longer than 2 feet.
                5. Broken trailer plug connector
                6. new block heater cord
                7.twelve tie straps aka.zap straps
                8.an ignition module from something that might fit something and might be good.
                9. several partially used rolls of tape: duct tape, electrical tape, masking tape, Kenny Rogers and the First Edition tape
                10. Various ointments and salves to help the auto perform to it's utmost capabilities.

                I am sure that there are more but am scared to venture any further into that pit.

                Byron

                Comment


                • #23
                  1. You look at objects and see what they COULD be used for.
                  2. Regardless of the parts condition or cost. You take it apart to see how it works (or worked)
                  3. Your wife uses power tools to clean the tub
                  4. You don't think twice when wearing "nice" clothes to elbows deep into a repair
                  5. Your tool purchase addiction rivals the cost of a crack heads addiction
                  6. You will buy a tool just because it MIGHT be useful one day
                  7. Your world is directly controlled by Murphy and his F@#King laws
                  8. You read the posts on this topic and nod your head

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    your hands look like a bare knuckle boxer's
                    If you got a minute to kill ...work it to death!
                    Miller 301 TrailBlazer
                    40+ yr old Miller 250 amp Buzz Box

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      You might be a mechanic if everyday you ask yourself how did I get myself into this mess.
                      Millermatic 210 with spoolgun
                      Millermatic 211
                      Lincoln Precision Tig 225
                      Miller Spectrum 375 plasma cutter
                      4x8 CNC Plasma Table with TD Cutmaster 101
                      Hydmech DM 8 horizontal bandsaw
                      Edwards 40 ton ironworker
                      Mk Morse dry cut saw
                      Hougen HMD 904 mag drill
                      2 Bench grinders
                      6 angle grinders
                      Slip roll 48 inch
                      Pan and box brake 48 inch
                      Tubing bender
                      etc.,etc.,etc

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bjfab View Post
                        You might be a mechanic if the bottom drawer of the roll cab contains in no particular order.

                        1. an old speedo cable (for stringing wire)
                        2. various sizes of "cheap wrenches" bent to do one specific job
                        3. two (or more) dried up tubes of silicon
                        4. approximately 31 pieces of wire: spark plug, mechanic's wire,16 gauge, 14 gauge, 12 gauge and in all different colors and no longer than 2 feet.
                        5. Broken trailer plug connector
                        6. new block heater cord
                        7.twelve tie straps aka.zap straps
                        8.an ignition module from something that might fit something and might be good.
                        9. several partially used rolls of tape: duct tape, electrical tape, masking tape, Kenny Rogers and the First Edition tape
                        10. Various ointments and salves to help the auto perform to it's utmost capabilities.

                        I am sure that there are more but am scared to venture any further into that pit.

                        Byron

                        Replace Kenny Rodgers with Johnny Cash and hat's the top drawer of my bottom box to a T... J277T ignition module to be exact, speedo cable from a old kawi street bike etc...
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Hobart Handler 135
                        Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
                        Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
                        Hypertherm Powermax 45
                        Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X