Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Might Be A Mechanic If

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Laiky View Post
    You have a pile of broken stuff, that your convinced, you can repair and actually save money.
    How about several piles

    Comment


    • #17
      You might b a mechanic if you have more projects than you have time.

      Comment


      • #18
        You might be a mechanic if you have to open the hood on your daily driver every time you start it!

        Comment


        • #19
          You might be a mechanic if you buy an item that turns out to be defective, and instead of returning it you consider it a challenge, and an oppertunity to "improve" the design.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Laiky View Post
            You have a pile of broken stuff, that your convinced, you can repair and actually save money.
            Or can cobble together with some of the other broken stuff to make something useful and functional.

            Originally posted by mudsplasher View Post
            You might b a mechanic if you have more projects than you have time.
            Guilty as charged yer honor.

            I've got a whiteboard in the garage just for "the list" No matter how hard I work, it always seems to be going the wrong direction.

            Comment


            • #21
              I am a clean mechanic, seems I can manage to do most stuff without rolling around in the grease. No need to wipe hands on pants.

              Comment


              • #22
                You might be a mechanic if the bottom drawer of the roll cab contains in no particular order.

                1. an old speedo cable (for stringing wire)
                2. various sizes of "cheap wrenches" bent to do one specific job
                3. two (or more) dried up tubes of silicon
                4. approximately 31 pieces of wire: spark plug, mechanic's wire,16 gauge, 14 gauge, 12 gauge and in all different colors and no longer than 2 feet.
                5. Broken trailer plug connector
                6. new block heater cord
                7.twelve tie straps aka.zap straps
                8.an ignition module from something that might fit something and might be good.
                9. several partially used rolls of tape: duct tape, electrical tape, masking tape, Kenny Rogers and the First Edition tape
                10. Various ointments and salves to help the auto perform to it's utmost capabilities.

                I am sure that there are more but am scared to venture any further into that pit.

                Byron

                Comment


                • #23
                  1. You look at objects and see what they COULD be used for.
                  2. Regardless of the parts condition or cost. You take it apart to see how it works (or worked)
                  3. Your wife uses power tools to clean the tub
                  4. You don't think twice when wearing "nice" clothes to elbows deep into a repair
                  5. Your tool purchase addiction rivals the cost of a crack heads addiction
                  6. You will buy a tool just because it MIGHT be useful one day
                  7. Your world is directly controlled by Murphy and his F@#King laws
                  8. You read the posts on this topic and nod your head

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    your hands look like a bare knuckle boxer's

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      You might be a mechanic if everyday you ask yourself how did I get myself into this mess.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bjfab View Post
                        You might be a mechanic if the bottom drawer of the roll cab contains in no particular order.

                        1. an old speedo cable (for stringing wire)
                        2. various sizes of "cheap wrenches" bent to do one specific job
                        3. two (or more) dried up tubes of silicon
                        4. approximately 31 pieces of wire: spark plug, mechanic's wire,16 gauge, 14 gauge, 12 gauge and in all different colors and no longer than 2 feet.
                        5. Broken trailer plug connector
                        6. new block heater cord
                        7.twelve tie straps aka.zap straps
                        8.an ignition module from something that might fit something and might be good.
                        9. several partially used rolls of tape: duct tape, electrical tape, masking tape, Kenny Rogers and the First Edition tape
                        10. Various ointments and salves to help the auto perform to it's utmost capabilities.

                        I am sure that there are more but am scared to venture any further into that pit.

                        Byron

                        Replace Kenny Rodgers with Johnny Cash and hat's the top drawer of my bottom box to a T... J277T ignition module to be exact, speedo cable from a old kawi street bike etc...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.