Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTO GP at Indy

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTO GP at Indy

Any one make it there? I got awefully wet and tired.

I got to see it on network tv. Which is pretty amazing, I never get to see 'anything with a motor' on network tv. NASCAR is back after a 3 month 'disappearance' to cable. My point is: I don't pay to watch tv, if my rabbit ears don't get it, neither do I.

I'm am utterly astounded that those guys can go THAT fast in the rain. Their reflexes cannot be understood by anything less than a microprocessor.

Comment

They are pretty amazing, we couldn't see too much of the track due to the infeild (retarded) stands. Indy is not a good roadcourse fan track, access to the fences is also very limited ans it rained and hurricaned 2 of the 3 days, but it was a fun weekend. It was good to be amongst motorcyclists again!

Comment

I was there. I have been to their races before @ Laguna Seca but every time I go it gets more unbelievable. What these guys do on a bike is unreal. Going into turn 1 (wet road) 120-130 mph, knee on the ground, and the bike sliding sideways????!!!!!! WOW!!! Maybe I'll post up some pics I have of the event for all to see.

This was a great event!!! Even with the rain. In a way I think it was more interesting to see how fast they actually go in the rain. Front straight top speed in dry was 195 mph, and 175 mph in the wet. They did not slow down as much as I thought they would. I was glad to see that Nicky H did well too. Broken heel and all. He's a machine.

Comment

Maybe I'll post up some pics I have of the event for all to see.

You have pics?!?!? And they're not posted?!?!?

Sheesh, they slowed down to 175 mph..... sissies.

I know it takes time, any would be appreciated.

Comment

Alright, alright!!! Well I can't claim these pics as my own but I figured I'd get some up from the event. Twas a great time. I was sitting in section E top row. Had great view of the front straight, corner 1,2,3,4 and the straight into 5.

I will post up my pics soon though. I promise

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Brad View Post
              Alright, alright!!! Well I can't claim these pics as my own but I figured I'd get some up from the event. Twas a great time.
              Brad:
              I don't care who took 'em, thanks fer showin' 'em.

First pic, first bike, lookit the rear tire. One hunnret 'n sometin' MPH, into the turn with a 1" x 2" contact patch!! In the freakin' RAIN!!!! WOW!!!

Comment

The way you talk you must also ride or have in the past. Usually people that ride a sportbike and know what it is like to have the rear tire break loose, and slide while going into, or coming out of a corner on acceleration can appreciate the way these guys ride more than the rest. To have your tire sliding like this in the rain ,, yeah I agree. So what do you ride?

Comment

The way you talk you must also ride or have in the past. Usually people that ride a sportbike and know what it is like to have the rear tire break loose, and slide while going into, or coming out of a corner on acceleration can appreciate the way these guys ride more than the rest. To have your tire sliding like this in the rain ,, yeah I agree. So what do you ride?
                  Brad:
                  You nailed me. But no sportbike history; Speeds too high and pavement too hard. MANY years ago, motocross kept my speeds and my injuries far below those possible roadracing. The slow motion roadracing scenes in "On Any Sunday" were hypnotizing. Now I ride a DR650 on the jeep roads west of Denver. My street bike is a Yamaha V-Max. Someone asked how it handles. I said it doesn't handle; you point it and pull the trigger. Whhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Comment

Man can't those guys ride a motorbike, they are all leaning and stuff. Geez they may fall over.

Comment

Leaned over huh? Check this out. And that would be his elbow dragging on the rumble-strip. Amazing sport to watch! They have some serious skills. Some of the stuff that these fellas do on bike is against Physics, I swear.

Comment

I don't think there is a more dynamic or thrilling motorsport to watch then professional motorcycle roadracing. Makes you wonder why any one would watch cars! if you have ever ridden then you certainly can respect the outrageous skill these guys have. On top of everything else they occasionally start rubbing and bumping each other!

Comment

Yes, I agree very amazing skill, I understand. Just making a wisecrack. I just bought a bike tonight.

Comment

Alright, alright!!! Well I can't claim these pics as my own but I figured I'd get some up from the event. Twas a great time. I was sitting in section E top row. Had great view of the front straight, corner 1,2,3,4 and the straight into 5.

A view of Valentino Rossi most riders see,
                            L*S

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.