Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Dynasty 200DX?? what gives...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dynasty 200DX?? what gives...

Guys
    love my dyn 350... need a smaller more portable with similar capability... went to local dealers with cash in hand.... and was told to wait... that the next gen would be much better and just around the corner...
    who knows what?
    do not want to buy offshore junk as i get bit each time..
    thx
    H

Possibly a 250DX

Comment

yeah whats up, I was actually going to go buy a sync 200 tommorrow. maybe I'll wait

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
        Guys
        love my dyn 350... need a smaller more portable with similar capability... went to local dealers with cash in hand.... and was told to wait... that the next gen would be much better and just around the corner...
        who knows what?
        do not want to buy offshore junk as i get bit each time..
        thx
        H
        Whatever....I would'a took your money

Comment

Heiti,

Good to see your handle again! Can't advise you on the products, but glad to see you well!

Hank

Comment

Good to see ya again, I hate it when someone says that there is a better version of a machine coming,Especially when the current version has proven tried and true to so many of us and a machine I would recomend to anyone. Maybe there is a newer version but is it really that much better and do you need that much better for the additional cost?!

I have been an advocate for the 200DX since the first one I welded with at HAWK's. I own one and have used mine harder than I ever intended. Glad to have it.

God Bless,

Comment

go with what works.

if you have the 350 for top end power it might be better to get the 200 now before the $$ goes up for added power you don't need. (if thats it)
              if it fits the bill might be best to just get what ya need and not look back.

other than more power i cant see anything they could do to the 200 ??? dose any one else ?? i would hate to see them turn it into an auto adjust like the new 165.

Comment

I love my dynasty, and i haven't really needed more than it has. If there was a new unit coming out i would like to see a 250 amp machine with the various triangle/soft square wave features. Not because i need it but i would like it!

Comment

Guys
                  glad to see that you are all still out there.. hate to admit it but have never run a dyn 200.. but have a dyn 350 and it is incredible.. my prob is that I need a hand carried machine from time to time.. and the dyn 350 tigrunner is nearly as awkward as a sync 250 to transport... is there an updated version of the dynasty about to be released?... and what changes have been made?... the 350 is amazing but not really portable..
                  Thanks
                  Heiti

Comment

Heiti, your welcome here anytime to use my 200DX. Do you need an AC/DC portable? I have usd the maxstar 150stl and it was quite capable in its world! I doubt any major changes to the 200, since the machine has had so few quirks or issues. Tell you this if you want to take a few days off come on down and we'll burn some metal and eat some cattle, maybe even a premium beverage.

Peace,

Comment

If I was gonna ask for a feature or two on my Dynasty 200 DX it would be a sine wave setting and a few more max amps on the higher input voltages. Other than that it could use loosing a few more lbs still....it ain't that light yuh know

Comment

While i find the different wave shapes interesting, i don't know what to do with them. Can you explain?

Comment

Laiky:
                          The wave form shaping is basically able to change the cleaning action on AC. It does this by changing how much of the Wave form is above or below the sine wave center line by percentage. If it is too high then it is going into the torch and burning up the tungsten or on the other side it is going to be very dirty and porous looking. I have welded some really ugly Aluminum and had little issue by turning the balance and float the crap to the top then rebrush it with a wheel and do another pass with less filler to clean it up to a nice ripple so its pretty like everyone likes.

Peace,

Comment

Originally posted by Laiky View Post
                            While i find the different wave shapes interesting, i don't know what to do with them. Can you explain?
                            There are just certain characteristics to a plain old transformer style sine wave as opposed to a square wave that I like
                            I have an old machine that welds very good on aluminum and is much more forgiving than my Dynasty.
                            Some of the inverters made overseas offer this feature and I hear people saying they use it...I know I would.
                            I have a VERY talented young man working for me now and I can't hardly keep him off of the old Airco....heck, it's 10 years older than he is!!
                            You can set the hz on 60 and the balance on 50% but it still is not the same

Comment

can a miller reap step in and clarify if and when a new dynasty machine will be released??? I was planning on purchasing a dynasty 200 dx but may wait if they relase one with more amps .

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.