Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about maxstar stl

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about maxstar stl

I have a stl trying to use tig on it and no gas is coming out of tourch I dont have a remote does it need a remote to activate gas cellanoid

No on the remote .Is the green light in the middle on the process selector switch on the left side of the front panel?

Comment

Also make sure your flowmeter adjustment is open.

Comment

tryed 1/2 hour ago at buddies house I know it was on the second setting cant remember if it was green though just bought and getting started
        would I have to have it hooked up 2 gas for green light 2 come on gas is at buddies house not here

Comment

yes greenlightcame on

Comment

Please write in words rather than numbers. Some of us are old enough that we dont read "text".

Comment

is it still text

Comment

Do you have your leads reversed? Gas is only fed out the Negative contact. If you had the machine set up for DC+ Stick and did not reverse the leads - no gas.

No gas will come out until you contact the work piece. Set the gas pressure, set the process selector switch, make sure the torch is connected to the negative terminal, connect the ground cable. Then touch to the workpiece and hold down. Should hear the solenoid operate and gas flow. Now lift the torch to establish the arc.

Comment

thanks big eddy just seen your post I figured it out earlyer I was so used to scratch start when i was apuut 2 give up tuched torch to ground on accident and gas turned on it tells u how to do in manual I thought it was same as scratch though

Comment

Just a comment - on this forum it is appreciated if you use proper grammar, punctuation and spell check before posting. Short forms like 2 for to and u for you make for more difficult reading and cause confusion.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.