Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

roll bars

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this the car with skin on it?

Comment

Safety First

Comment

No the 917s were later cars. They were open and closed cockpit cars. A little safer than the early open wheel cars. Nothing like 200mph with 1000+hp in a 1700lb chassis.

I do all kinds of race fabrication, including some vintage work. Unfortunately those pics were not in my shop. I would rather have the 962. It was a better car, but I still mourn the days gone by when ***** to the wall racing was what it was about. Porsche spent more money than anyone else in the world to win. Magnesium chassis, titanium uprights, magnesium transmissions, berrylium pistons, the best and lightest of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SM Racing View Post
          No the 917s were later cars. Nothing like 200mph with 1000+hp in a 1700lb chassis.

I would rather have the 962. It was a better car, but I still mourn the days gone by when ***** to the wall racing was what it was about. Porsche spent more money than anyone else in the world to win.
          You betcha.

I'll never forget Jan Lammers and Martin Brundle maxing out the Jaguar XJR GTP at the Del Mar Grand Prix back in the day. Another one was Klaus Ludwig tearing up the corkscrew at Laguna Seca in the Ford GTP (4 cylinders!). Wow! I was all of 12 or 13 years old.

I hate to say it, but ALMS seems so watered down compared to IMSA GTP.

Send me a PM when you get that 962C in your shop.

I still have the brochure when I was at the vintage races at Laguna Seca back in '82. Imprinted in my memory is Jacky Ickx flat out in the Jules 936. That's what I'm talking about! What a sound!

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.