Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

baby on the way.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • baby on the way.

    for those of you that don't make the rounds to all the groups i figured i would pass on the news.
    we will be adding another little one to the family in about 8 months.
    wishing for a girl this time.

  • #2
    Congrats James.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fun4now View Post
      we will be adding another little one to the family in about 8 months.
      YEA!!!
      I remember last month you said you haven't been on line posting because you were buzzy doing yard work. Now we know what you were buzzy doing.
      Congratulation!

      Comment


      • #4
        thanks guys.

        I remember last month you said you haven't been on line posting because you were buzzy doing yard work. Now we know what you were buzzy doing.

        yea well ya know how it is spring is in the air and every one gets a lil antsy. i was doing a lot of yard work also though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fun4now View Post
          for those of you that don't make the rounds to all the groups i figured i would pass on the news.
          we will be adding another little one to the family in about 8 months.
          wishing for a girl this time.



          congrats dude,me and the wife wanted 3 childern but raising 2 is expensive enough.with both of us working full-time and a side business daycare is just too much plus school expense for the older 2.do u and the wife have family to help with daycare while u and the wife work????????

          Comment


          • #6
            Congrats fun4now.

            I just became a first time grandpa 3 months ago. It's fun bein' a grandpa.

            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8/ac856b49.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              James,

              I'd like to congradulate you, but i have to ask, How bad is your back really!! I mean, planting (all kinds) welding, wood work. It would be easier to just go back to work!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                we were surprised to find out there was a #3 on the way. not planed and planed against you might say. but it seems 100% is not on the package, just 99.6% or something like that.

                Laiky James,

                I'd like to congradulate you, but i have to ask, How bad is your back really!! I mean, planting (all kinds) welding, wood work. It would be easier to just go back to work!!!!

                oh man, i wish. i would love to go back to work, not working is he ll for some one that has spent their life working every day.

                how bad is my back ???
                well the wife brings me my pills in the morning and after about 1 1/2 Hrs they have kicked in enough to let make me mobile. have some coffee and some slow stretching, then a new hand full of codeine pills and i go out to play. this with another dose at about an hour in and i can some times get 2 Hrs of planting or welding and its time to go back in and hit the morphine and lay down for 1 to 2 Hrs then i can get back up re-dose and coast carefully threw the rest of the day without playing but still medicating regularly.after diner we all walk around the property once and thats about it.
                lifting is definitely out, i have hoists for that here at the home shop.
                bending is a no-no but gets done and i have to pay for it.
                kinda hard to find an employer willing to hire me for 1-2 Hrs a day, add to that the med. levels I'm on and they would be nuts to even consider hiring me.

                i am putting an add in locally to try to drum up some side work welding, aluminum is my hope as it tends to be lighter. LOL


                it took me over a week to get 8 trees in the ground, small tree's at that.
                i would kill for a job........... i don't think that legal though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  weld-tek
                  do u and the wife have family to help with daycare while u and the wife work????????

                  not really. i have a brother and his family about 60 miles from here. not really much help there. and defenetly not an option for baby sitting.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    James,

                    I was just bustin chops, with all the landscape posts, welding posts and now, new baby posts, it seems you have been real busy lately. Unfortuanately message boards don't convey chronic pain very well. I have had my experiences and they pale in comparison with yours, I think is amazing you do as much as you do.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      being nosy i guess,but what do u do for income.how do u support the wife and 3 kids not being able to work.is the wife able to work??????????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i was injured on the job, but was scr ewed by the insurance layers and there appeals till you cave tactic. with no other support i had to take a crapy settlement. bought my home (well trailer on a little land) and am collecting disability. the VA hospital suplies my med's at a lower rate, that helps a great deal. the wife is a seamstress and works off and on when work can be found out here. she was fired from last job because she refused to work 60Hr weeks every week. she was hired to work part time.
                        we have 2 kid's now, how will we support 3 ???? still working on that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Laiky James,

                          I was just bustin chops,

                          its cool, no hard feelings.
                          sh-- happens and we have to do the best we can with what we have left to work with. lemons to lemon aid kind of thing. i been brooken for a long time now and most of my anger and suicidal tendencys are behind me. big thanks to the wife and kid's for that. family suport goes a long way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                            we were surprised to find out there was a #3 on the way. not planed and planed against you might say. but it seems 100% is not on the package, just 99.6% or something like that.

                            Laiky James,

                            I'd like to congradulate you, but i have to ask, How bad is your back really!! I mean, planting (all kinds) welding, wood work. It would be easier to just go back to work!!!!

                            oh man, i wish. i would love to go back to work, not working is he ll for some one that has spent their life working every day.

                            how bad is my back ???
                            well the wife brings me my pills in the morning and after about 1 1/2 Hrs they have kicked in enough to let make me mobile. have some coffee and some slow stretching, then a new hand full of codeine pills and i go out to play. this with another dose at about an hour in and i can some times get 2 Hrs of planting or welding and its time to go back in and hit the morphine and lay down for 1 to 2 Hrs then i can get back up re-dose and coast carefully threw the rest of the day without playing but still medicating regularly.after diner we all walk around the property once and thats about it.
                            lifting is definitely out, i have hoists for that here at the home shop.
                            bending is a no-no but gets done and i have to pay for it.
                            kinda hard to find an employer willing to hire me for 1-2 Hrs a day, add to that the med. levels I'm on and they would be nuts to even consider hiring me.

                            i am putting an add in locally to try to drum up some side work welding, aluminum is my hope as it tends to be lighter. LOL


                            it took me over a week to get 8 trees in the ground, small tree's at that.
                            i would kill for a job....... i don't think that legal though.
                            Congrats on number 3 James. Still working on getting my first. But the girlfriend isn't having that, so I guess I'll wait.

                            James I know how you feel. I did now your story. I messed up my back at age 20 at the gym. (So no money for me). I had to take 8 800mg of perks a day. I couldn't move until it kicked in. And If I missed a dose I was done for. Wish I was closer I' ld give you a hand. I hand to learn how to walk again, and lots a therapy.

                            God Blessed you for the 4th time in your life. Marriage, two kids, and one on the way. God works in mysterious ways.

                            James
                            Last edited by StillBoostin; 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Congrats on the Bun in the oven.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.