Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darlington

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darlington

Hey guys!

Here are a couple pics from Darlington last weekend.

It was a great weekend except I missed part of Mother's day getting back home

Most of the teams had a good bit of bodywork to do over the weekend. I've never saw more "Darlington Stripes" before.

Andy
    Attached Files

Thanks Andy ! for the pic's

Rich

Comment

I like NASCAR's, thanks for the pics.

Comment

Thnks from us as well Andy for the pics. Anyone figure out what is with all the loose wheels over at the Roush Camp. Bad studs ,bad air wrenches or what?

Comment

Awesome pictures Andy!
          That Challenger looks pretty sweet!!!

Yeah Rousch has something going on with the wheels. I also heard Greg Biffle mention that they where having other problems but he never mentioned what they where.

Comment

Do they all use the same brand wheel? thickness difference???
            If not, maybe the wheels are flexing and loosening up due to how much grip and side bite was in the track.(new pavement)
            A crazy thought I had.

Rich

Comment

10-4 on the wheel issue. They have had their share of loose ones.
              The wheels are all the same thickness and weight. They can be made by different companies but they have to fall under NASCAR rule section 20-10.7
              Basically it says it must be 15" diameter, 9.5" width, 4.5" offset 27 lb with 2 valve stem holes.....bla blaa blaaa

My guess is the pit crew guys are getting in too much of a hurry or the jackman drops the jack too early before the tires are tight enough. When the race has a bunch of long green flag runs and they are pitting under the green, it puts the pit crews under added stress to get their guy out faster.

I'm sure it will be addressed..... We hope. Can't keep havin those Gibb's cars cleaning house

A

Comment

It very well could be but it just seemed kinda funny that ALL the Rousch cars had trouble. Usually indicates a parts or equipment faluire, unless they are trying something different? If that's the case I'm thinking they'll go back to the old way!!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.