Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Andy

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Andy

I was wondering if it would be possible to see some pics of the welds, prep work & fit ups of some of the race teams or is this not allowed by them. Also some of the welding machines they use would be neat to. I think it might be interesting to a few & also put a little life in the motorsports side of the forum. Thanks for your time.

http://www.millerwelds.com/interests/motorsports/

It's under Industries & Interests up in the drop down header.

Comment

here is a good inside pic.
      looks like they are fond of the passports.

(i dont know who's pic this is, but its not mine so i cant help with more info on it. but its cool.)
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the input folks but I thought Andy might be able to get some more current photos while he is in the middle of all the action.

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by fun4now View Post

(i dont know who's pic this is, but its not mine so i cant help with more info on it. but its cool.)
          Thanks for the Pic,Looks like the inside of a Hospital for cars!!!!!!!!:

Comment

Looks like the inside of a Hospital for cars!!!!!!!!
            sign me up to be a candy striper.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post

Are you 100% sure those are Passports??

Comment

10-4
                We are in the process of doing just that.
                I'll be at Hendrick's most of the next month changing out their equipment. We will be doing some "mini" projects and trying to show some cool weld shots of chassis and suspensions going together without getting too specific on proprietory items.

In the mean time, here are some to hold yo over.

These are from a front clip and part of a lower control arm.

Andy
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ASKANDY; 03-31-2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

PS.
                  Those ARE Passports and they are at Roush's Body fab building.

They like the Passports because they tack great and on the SS setting, the tack is very flat and requires less post grinding.

Andy

Comment

Here is a shot of an exhaust pipe getting welded at Evernham's

A
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here another control arm is being welded.
                      A front clip with the control arm in it's location.
                      A main cage after it's been welded on the jig, it gets flipped to weld some on the bottom that can't be reached on the fixture and then the top hoop cross bar gets welded in.

A
                      Attached Files

Comment

ANDY...THANKS!!!!!! Those welds are...INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I like the guy welding the exhaust with shorts on
                        Did you notice, I think it was the control arm, when they are making long beads like that, are they starting and stopping? or just 1 straight run?
                        thanks again for the pics!!!!

Comment

Thanks Andy: I know you have a wicked schedule so I appreciate your time & the excellent pics. Awsome welds & nice you could take the time to show us a bit of what you see everyday. Another question if you get a spare minute. Do you follow the teams to every track or just to their main shops. Thanks again & enjoy some family time.

Comment

OH yes

The color of the rainbow
                            OUTSTANDING WELDS, AND PICTURES..GOOD LOOKIN OUT ANDY
                            MORE MORE MORE

Comment

Metal Dr.

I do both. I do about 22 race events/yr plus shows and special events like SEMA, EAA, Performance Race Industry shows.
                              Since I'm based out of Charlotte, being at the shops is not that far out of the way for me. About 80% of the race teams I work with are based within 2hrs from here.

Glad you like the shots.
                              We'll get some more soon.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.