Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

mm35

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mm35

A friend of mine has found a mm35 for sale, it was used in a body shop,has overspray ect,but seems to be in fair shape. Are parts still avaliable and what would be a fair asking price? I believe they want $350 for it. Also Does any one have any basic info on that machine. Tapped settings, amperage output ect. Thanks for the replies. chub

Look here for your manual.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
    Type in MILLERMATIC 35 and your manual will be there. I had a few of those MM35's and they are the grand daddy of all the modern migs we all enjoy...Bob

Comment

if you can get a MM35 working for $350, get it.
      over spray is just cosmetic. i certainly can think of anything even close to as nice for that price. if i had the $$ i would jump on one for that price.
      cant remember if its the for runner of the MM210 or MM251, i think the 210 but dont hold me to that.

Comment

Here is some MM35 history.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/about/1971.html

The MM185 grew into the MM210. The MM35 was just the first affordable mig. We bought a few of them in the mid 1970's at the time all other migs were big industrial size jobs...Bob

Comment

Just wandering where to find the serial number on the mm35?

Comment

Chub,

The serial number should be on the front of the unit. The older ones were stamped right into the nameplate.

Kevin

Comment

Mm35

350 is a steal for the MM35. This is the first one-piece mig at a very low price. To keep price down, Miller just ran the drive motor off the welding output through a rheostat resulting in no feedback to sense speed of wire feed. Also, there was no solenoid in the very first models, just a pinched gas hose in the gun. The next model, MM200, had gas solenoid and scr controlled wire feed speed using the same board found in their expensive top of the line feeders. We have many of both these machines running today in our area. weldersales

Comment

I believe if you find a black faced MM-35 you got the deal of the year.

Weldersales seems to know his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by chub380 View Post
                  A friend of mine has found a mm35 for sale, it was used in a body shop,has overspray ect,but seems to be in fair shape. Are parts still avaliable and what would be a fair asking price? I believe they want $350 for it. Also Does any one have any basic info on that machine. Tapped settings, amperage output ect. Thanks for the replies. chub

If you found a 35, it will deliver 200 amps at a 20% duty cycle. It's rated for 150% at 23VDC and 60% duty cycle. It is tapped, but you select the voltage by plugging the selector cord into the socket you want, rather than having a switch.

I found one in a body shop, too. Covered with spray dust, snading dust, coffee cup stains, and all that. I asked the owner if they ever used it. He said "all the time!". He let me try it out. It is a very nice running machine. If it had been for sale, I'd have paid $350 for it twice.

Hank

Comment

MM35's are workhorse machines. There is little that can fail in these units.
                    350 is an outright steal for this machine. People often as as much as 1000 bucks for these machines. I consider 5-700 to be a good deal for these units. I wouldn't suggest anyone hesitate for 350.

With .035 wire one can easily work exhaust tube up to 5/8 plate.

my .02

just finished returning 3 MM35 machines to working order.. save the old machines!!

Comment

Does anyone know what the difference is between a black faced unit and the standard one? Also how can you tell where the gas shutoff is? Thanks chub

Comment

mm35s

The company my wife works for was having an equipment auction.I just bought a working 35s for $150 2 days ago,is this the same as what you guys are refering to here.I don't mean to sound dumb,I just don't know much about machines this old.

Comment

I'm still using a 1973 MM35 and it's still working great. Mine has a gas solenoid so I'm assuming it's a second generation machine. Mine has the white face and also has a spot panel installed in it. Mine came out of an old Maaco body shop covered in overspray and spilled coffee stains. I got mine for free as the previous owner was hoodwinked into buying a new machine and was under the assumption that the welder wasn't worth fixing. It has a brand new Tweco Mini-MIG gun on it which only needed a new liner, nozzle mount, nozzle and contact tube. I put about 20.00 into it and it welds like a champ. I haven't even plugged in the red mess that I paid nearly 700.00 for since acquiring the MM35. If you can pick up a working one for 350.00 I'd certainly do it as I wouldn't take 350.00 for mine.

Comment

Here's a pic of the one I scored for $150.00. I think I got lucky on this one. Bill
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think mine might be a little more stained but about the same overall shape. I'm hoping someday to have time to repaint it and see if I can find the period correct decals and paint code for it. Yeah you got a good deal at 150.00!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.