Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

blue paint

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue paint

Looking for a close color blue paint to repaint my mm35. Is there a over the counter spray paint thats close?

I have a bracket I made 5(?) years ago, that I painted with an OTC blue paint (Target, K-Mart; something). I just went out and put it on my Syncro; it's a little light. But, in a dark corner, it would be hard for anyone to tell the difference. Next to another Miller, it might show up. And any one of the guys on this site would b!tch you right out.

Comment

A few threds back, someone listed paint #'s
      098-205 12oz spray
      098-204 Quart

Can someone repost this information for us, I'd like to recheck this

Thanks

Fab tech

Comment

Fab,

The 12oz spray can part number is correct and can still be purchased through any Miller Distributor. The quart can was recently discontinued but Dupont now has it available through their distributors. The Dupont paint code for it is C5885.

Kevin

Comment

i use krylon blue from wally-world.
          wal-mart

Comment

take a panel off your welder and take it to a car paint store.They will computer analyze the color after buffing and mix the exact color.I used hardener in mine and it looks factory. My local Car Quest now has miller blue in the computer.They also have disposable aerosol cans that attach to a glass cup to spray with if you dont have a gun.I have 25 dollars in paint,reducer and hardener.

Comment

Originally posted by 464jet View Post
              take a panel off your welder and take it to a car paint store.They will computer analyze the color after buffing and mix the exact color.I used hardener in mine and it looks factory. My local Car Quest now has miller blue in the computer.They also have disposable aerosol cans that attach to a glass cup to spray with if you dont have a gun.I have 25 dollars in paint,reducer and hardener.
              That would be GM/Isuzu Blue. If anyone needs the numbers, I have them at my shop.

Griff

Comment

tractor supply ford blue is almost exact match.

Comment

Tommyboy,
                  Donít mess with over the counter brands that look close.
                  Yesterday I picked up 4 cans of New Miller Blue, the color is assume canít beet it.

Fab Tech

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Kevin View Post
                    Fab,

The 12oz spray can part number is correct and can still be purchased through any Miller Distributor. The quart can was recently discontinued but Dupont now has it available through their distributors. The Dupont paint code for it is C5885.

Kevin
                    If you want the right color I would go the Dupont route unless it is just touchup then get a few spraybombs

Comment

Originally posted by weld-tek View Post
                      tractor supply ford blue is almost exact match.
                      HF blue is really close.

Comment

Rustoleum Sail Blue. I repainted my Bobcat. Someone recommended the Krylon True Blue but that stuff sux. Krylon is junk. I like a nice finish after putting in 3 hours on bodywork. Krylon looks like orange peel no matter what I did with it. The rustoleum finish came out like it was sprayed with a gun. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by turbo38t View Post
                          Rustoleum Sail Blue. I repainted my Bobcat. Someone recommended the Krylon True Blue but that stuff sux. Krylon is junk. I like a nice finish after putting in 3 hours on bodywork. Krylon looks like orange peel no matter what I did with it. The rustoleum finish came out like it was sprayed with a gun. Dave
                          Thank goodness, it's not just me.

Spent a good little while sanding off a layer of the craptastic krylon paint after just about ruined my toolbox. Went to Lordco and picked up some Dupli Colour, that stuff sprays very nicely too.

Comment

i have always had great results with krylone paint.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                              i have always had great results with krylone paint.
                              Yea but your vision is prolly a little off by now

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.