Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

do it like it says!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids are the best part of the night sometimes! That's cool that your son digs it. I have a bunch of great memories of being at the track with Dad. Bad (Good?) thing is now we race against each other.
    I had to read your post again about getting ran over, I didn't catch it at first. Not something I would have expected! That kind of thing usually happens in my arena. Send some pictures of the new car, the one you have posted is gorgeous. You drag guys make me jealous, your cars stay pretty dang nice. Ours start the year nice and shiny, that lasts about 37 feet the first night out.

Be safe and have a good one!

KC1 - Great looking fabrication! Can't wait to see that one. 600 ci?!?! We're stuck with little 305's. Cheap - cheap is good! ;-)
    Last edited by Corey74; 12-03-2008, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I can relate to the memories w/dad myself. In fact ours started at the dirt races at East Windsor and Flemington(NJ) way back in the 70's. He even drove them for a friend a few times, then go-carts for a while too. I really missed going to Flemington, awesome track. We saw Doug Wolfgang avg 140 there back in the early 80's in the WoO. Both tracks are closed now. He met the Andrettis in Nazareth Pa when Michael was a kid running the carts. Drag started with the family car and snowballed from there. Thanks for the nice words on the car. I'll try and remember to post some pics when the new one is done. It may be a while since it really hasn't been started yet, so keep an eye on the board late winter/early spring. Alot to do this offseason. Take Care

Comment

heres a few....

yeah, yeah, I know its wrong wheel drive. lol.

old dyno and now I've got some power under the curve...over 215whp per liter

and yes stuff breaks...this use to be some of my forged internals

this cost me a new differential, case, and bearings...

Comment

Originally posted by kracker View Post
          heres a few....

yeah, yeah, I know its wrong wheel drive. lol.
          [

Welcome Kracker! it's 2 Cuda's from clubrsx....

I think you'll like it here!

Comment

Comment

Little blurry, but my sidewalls hate me....

The Trailer I built to haul my cars to the track....

Last edited by Badd00SS; 12-04-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

hey man whats up

its a different crowd on here...but I like it. There are a lot of people with a LOT of knowledge on here.

what does each of your camaro's have? numbers? . A buddy of mine is thinking about getting a '01 ss or z28...I guess he got tired of me pulling away (he's currently driving a 96' stang with the 4.6 and a cam and "intake" lol

Comment

Originally posted by kracker View Post
                  hey man whats up

its a different crowd on here...but I like it. There are a lot of people with a LOT of knowledge on here.

what does each of your camaro's have? numbers? . A buddy of mine is thinking about getting a '01 ss or z28...I guess he got tired of me pulling away (he's currently driving a 96' stang with the 4.6 and a cam and "intake" lol

My 02 auto is bone stock aside from a catback it ran 13.4 @ 105.

The 00 6 speed went 13.2 @109.55 stock (2.281 60' horrible f1's)
                  Now it's a mild heads cam car, 418rwhp on a mustang dyno. Went 11.36 @120.55 slipping clutch, swapped it, and threw on a 92mm fast intake manifold, untuned went 10.84 @ 122

Going to take alot more weight out of the car 2-300 lbs, and switch to manual steering...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Badd00SS View Post
                      My 02 auto is bone stock aside from a catback it ran 13.4 @ 105.

The 00 6 speed went 13.2 @109.55 stock (2.281 60' horrible f1's)
                      Now it's a mild heads cam car, 418rwhp on a mustang dyno. Went 11.36 @120.55 slipping clutch, swapped it, and threw on a 92mm fast intake manifold, untuned went 10.84 @ 122

Going to take alot more weight out of the car 2-300 lbs, and switch to manual steering...
                      nice...122 traps . I dont have anything for you.lol. I went 116 once and 93.x in the 1/8. That was years ago though, so I might be around 118 and I've got a lot better driving since then too...trap should drop some with better traction. (2.1xx 60's)

Comment

Wow! Nice Rides. Heres one of my hobbies. My Zebra Striped 1970 Land Rover. Welding up Skid Plates, Trying to make it a Fun Off Road Rig.

Last edited by Smactek; 12-06-2008, 04:48 AM.

Comment

This is the Flying Pig

I offered to get my wife a boat. She said NO F'ING WAY!

We were racing a Camaro and wanted something faster. We looked at every kind of tube car we could. Late one night we were standing behind the water box watching A/FCs barely holding the track. She turned to me, stuck her finger up my nose and said, "Youre getting a dragster and thats final". I said "yes'm".

The one at speed is just a couple weeks after we bought it and hadnt even taken the old sponsors off yet. It does mid 8s @153 in the 1/4 and 5.7s @126 in the 1/8.

Since they keep changing the safety requirements, weve now got to have nearly the same stuff as T/F. I said if we gotta spend all that money we just as well go faster-how bout we get a blower? She said OK!
                          Attached Files

Comment

heres a little video of when i took my Rubicon off roading for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRSa0rzX4Fw

Comment

Kracker,

That's what I would call "Catastrophic Parts Failure"
                              Dam, very nice numbers on the dyno sheet though.

Very cool toys guys!

Comment

Wow, I forgot all about the video I had on YT. Here it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N2tnE_vDOc

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.