Miller Electric Mfg. Co. Announced as Main Stage Sponsor for 2012 Car Craft Summer Nationals
Three-day event to attract more than 4,000 muscle cars and 45,000 spectators to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds
- Miller representatives will be available to provide hands-on welding demonstrations and discuss the Job Weld Done Giveaway
- Attendees can get hands-on welding and cutting practice in the Miller tent
- Attendees with registered exhibiting cars can WIN daily Miller prizes, including welding gloves and equipment
APPLETON, Wis. — July 10, 2012 — Miller Electric Mfg. Co. will be the main stage sponsor for the 2012 Car Craft Summer Nationals, a three-day event featuring more than 4,000 muscle cars, anticipated to attract nearly 45,000 participants and automotive enthusiasts. The event, which will be located at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds (1880 Como Avenue, St. Paul, Minn. 55108), will run July 20-22, 2012.
Miller will provide enhanced demonstrations in the booth, where spectators can step up to the weld station and learn how-to muscle car tips. Miller will provide gloves, jackets and welding products, as well as sheet metal for participants to weld and cut, as if they were working in a shop. Miller product managers will be on hand throughout the weekend to provide training and insight regarding which process — MIG or TIG — is best to use depending on specific automotive applications.
Additional hands-on welding and cutting demonstrations will be available at any time from the Miller booth, located adjacent to the main stage. Spectators can test MIG, TIG and Plasma cutting equipment, get trusted advice regarding welding and application questions, learn how to enter the Job Weld Done Giveaway and also check out the latest offerings in the Miller line of Arc Armor® welding protection.
Products on display and available for demonstration include:
- Diversion™ 180 TIG welder: This easy-to-use welder can connect to 115V or 230V power and features a digital display for accurate adjustment of weld settings.
- Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ MIG welder with MVP™, featuring a 30- to 210-amp MIG welding output and a great low-end arc for sheet metal work.
- Millermatic 212 Auto-Set, also a 210-amp unit, but with a higher duty cycle for making longer welds on thicker material.
- Multimatic 200, an all-in-one portable multiprocess welding power source capable of performing MIG, Stick and TIG welding processes in one compact design.
- Spoolmate™ 100 and 200 Series spool guns, offering reliable and economical direct-connect solutions for home hobbyists and light fabricators looking for smooth feeding of aluminum wire.
- Spectrum® 375 X-TREME™ Plasma cutter with XT30 torch, a 19-pound plasma cutter with the power to cut 3/8-inch mild steel at 18 inches per minute and perform even faster, cleaner cuts on 1/4-inch material.
- Spectrum 625 X-TREME Plasma cutter with XT40 torch: Generating 40 amps, the 21-pound Plasma cutter can slice through 5/8-inch mild steel at 15 inches per minute.
- ArcStation™, a welding workbench that offers an affordable and fully customizable work space designed for a variety of both professional and hobbyist welding applications.
- F-Series ArcStation, a portable welding workbench with a folding design, convenient handle and wheels that offer the ability to take the 74-pound bench to the jobsite or to move freely around a shop or garage.
- Newly enhanced all-digital auto-darkening welding helmets from Miller includes new digital controls and new headgear for the Arc Armor Digital Elite™, Digital Performance™ and Digital Pro-Hobby™ Series auto-darkening welding helmets. The all-new digital controls make it easier for the welder to adjust shade, delay and sensitivity — even when wearing gloves
- Arc Armor gloves, welding jackets and other protective apparel from the Miller® line of Arc Armor welding protection.
“We’re excited to be a three-time sponsor of the annual Car Craft Summer Nationals. This event draws out some of the most intriguing classic cars and fabricators, delivering a high-end car show in a hometown setting,” said John Swartz, MIG marketing manager for Miller Electric Mfg. Co. “We’ll be bringing the latest welding equipment and products popular to vehicle restoration for hands-on demos. Be sure to join us for the food, fun and chrome!”
Attendees with registered cars on display have the opportunity to WIN daily welding prizes, including welding gloves (hourly) and an end-of-day prize: Spectrum 375 X-TREME with XT Torch Plasma Cutter (Friday); Diversion 180 TIG welder (Saturday); and Millermatic 211 Auto-Set MIG welder with MVP (Sunday).
For the latest information, registration and tickets, sponsor list and a full schedule of events, visit CarCraft.com.
# # #