Miller to Exhibit Latest Welding and Cutting Products, Offer Hands-On Demos and Seminars at EAA AirVenture OshKosh 2012
Week-long event to attract more than 10,000 aircraft and 500,000 spectators and aviation enthusiasts
- Miller experts to provide hands-on welding and cutting demonstrations and seminars from the Miller Road Show 2 Truck in booths 52-54
- Enter the Job Weld Done Giveaway once monthly between now and Dec. 31, 2012 for a chance to win premium Miller product and other grand prize packages
APPLETON, Wis. — June 26, 2012 — Miller Electric Mfg. Co. will offer welding and cutting demonstrations, seminars and showcase the latest Miller products from its booth at the upcoming EAA AirVenture OshKosh. The week-long event features 10,000 aircraft and is attended by nearly 500,000 participants and aviation enthusiasts from more than 60 countries. Located at the Wittman Regional Airport in OshKosh, Wis., the event which features daily air shows, aerobatics and pyrotechnics, a fly-in theater and an opening day concert, will run July 23-29, 2012.
Hands-on welding and cutting demonstrations will be available at anytime from the Miller Road Show 2 Truck in booths 52-54. Spectators are encouraged to test MIG, TIG and Plasma cutting equipment, get their questions answered by knowledgeable Miller staff and enter the Job Weld Done Giveaway for a chance to win premium Miller product and other grand prize packages. Those interested can enter once monthly between now and Dec. 31, 2012 at Miller Welds.com/win.
Miller will also host two daily welding seminars from the Road Show Truck classroom at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The seminars will review basic TIG welding fundamentals, why TIG, machine selection and torch selection. Attendees are asked to stop past the Miller booth to pre-register for a preferred seminar date and time as the classroom accommodates only 21 people at a time.
Products on display and available for demonstration at EAA AirVenture OshKosh include, but are not limited to
- Diversion™ 180 TIG welder: this easy-to-use welder can connect to 115V or 230V power and features a digital display for accurate adjustment of weld settings.
- Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ MIG welder with MVP™, featuring a 30- to 210-amp MIG welding output and a great low-end arc for sheet metal work.
- Millermatic® 212 Auto-Set™ MIG welder, also a 210-amp unit, but with a higher duty cycle for making longer welds on thicker material.
- Spoolmate™ 100 and 200 Series spool guns, offering reliable and economical direct-connect solutions for home hobbyists and light fabricators looking for smooth feeding of aluminum wire.
- Spectrum® 375 X-TREME™ Plasma cutter with XT30 torch: a 19-pound plasma cutter (generating 30 amps) provides a more powerful arc for additional cutting speed and thickness. The unit can cut through 3/8-inch mild steel at 18 inches per minute and provides even faster, cleaner cuts on 1/4-inch material.
- Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™ Plasma cutter with XT40 torch: a 21 pound Plasma cutter (generating 40 amps) can slice through 5/8-inch mild steel at 15 inches per minute.
- ArcStation™, a welding workbench that offers an affordable and fully customizable work space designed for a variety of both professional and hobbyist welding applications.
- F-Series ArcStation™, a portable welding workbench with a folding design, convenient handle and wheels that offer the ability to take the 74-lb. bench to the jobsite or to move freely around a shop or garage.
- A variety of helmet options from the Miller line of auto-darkening welding helmets including two all-new female designs — Digital Elite™ Fury™ and Digital Performance™ Series Illusion™. The newly enhanced Digital Elite Series auto-darkening welding helmets from Miller include four operating modes, a large viewing area with 4 arc sensors, intuitive digital controls and redesigned headgear. The new Digital Elite helmets also include a new 3-year warranty.
- Arc Armor® gloves, welding jackets and other protective apparel from Miller’s line of Arc Armor® welding protection, including our new metalworker gloves.
A full list can be accessed at http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/RS2EquipmentList.pdf.
Visit MillerWelds.com or AirVenture.org for information and a full schedule of events.
# # #