- I already collect weld data. Why do I need another data-collection solution?
- If you're collecting weld data manually, you know the process is time-consuming. It can also be prone to errors. It is difficult to capture all the information you need to identify opportunities for improvements in weld quality or productivity, and it can't deliver information in real time. Manually collected welding data also needs to be compiled, interpreted and analyzed before decisions can be made.
- How is welding information different than arc data monitoring?
- Arc data is only that: data in the form of numbers. Insight Core™ and Insight Centerpoint™ systems translate arc data automatically in real time, delivering actionable information you can use to make effective business decisions.
- What's the difference between Insight Core and Insight Centerpoint?
- Insight Core is focused on providing basic productivity and quality information about the welding process. Insight Centerpoint brings advanced process control information into the actual weld cell to help manage the welding and fabrication process. Some customers benefit from a combination of both Insight Core and Insight Centerpoint.
- Do I need to purchase new welding machines to use an Insight system?
- Current fleets can be connected to Insight Core using field upgrade modules; new Axcess® machines can be ordered with Insight Core factory installed. Additionally, a module for Insight Centerpoint is available for Axcess machines as either a field upgrade or factory installed.
- How complicated is it to install Insight-capable systems in my factory?
- Installation doesn't have to be complicated. Insight systems can be easier to get up and running than other welding information management systems. Insight Core connects via either wired Ethernet or an integrated Wi-Fi feature. Insight Core also includes convenient USB support for device setup, data downloads, and firmware updates. Axcess E with Insight Centerpoint can be connected via a wired Ethernet connection or via Wi-Fi using an external wireless switch (not included).
- Do I need to install special software to use an Insight system?
- Insight Core requires no software: this system securely delivers information and reports to virtually any Internet-connected device in the world — including tablet computers and smartphones. Insight Centerpoint has advanced welding and fabrication management processes that operate using dedicated PC software installed locally on the shop floor.
- Can I look at the weld information in different ways?
- Insight dashboards can provide an easily gauged snapshot of your welding operation's productivity, quality and progress toward goals. When more-detailed information is required, Insight can deliver it in easy-to-read reports, tailored to meet your specific needs.
- What can I do with welding information?
- Welding information provides valuable insight into your operation that can help make it more competitive and more profitable.
Insight Core systems:
- Deliver vital facts about weld arc details
- Reveal information about adherence to established weld thresholds
- Show your operation's progress toward productivity goals
- Notify you of key events in real time
- Deliver reports comparing any combination of machines and weld cells
Insight Centerpoint systems:
- Have advanced monitoring and process control capabilities
- Guide operators through complex weld processes and monitor each step of the way
- Immediately alert operator to errors
- Deliver information on parts and information on welds
With Insight systems, you'll get valuable information you can use to increase productivity, manage costs and improve weld quality.
- Who can see my company's data?
- Only persons to whom you give login credentials can see the data. Insight systems require input of a valid username/password combination before access to data is granted.
- How secure is my data?
- Insight Core data is held securely in a Microsoft data center. This data center has ISO 27001-2005 accreditation with backup power generation capability and co-location redundancy. Insight Centerpoint data is stored on customers' on-site computers.
- Is there a subscription fee for Insight Core?
- Insight Core doesn't require any subscription fees to access its cloud-based data storage, which maintains a rolling 90-day window of data.