- Use a lighter weight oil for temps lower than 0 degrees F.
- Avoid phase separation (ethanol and gasoline separate causing engine seizure) by using additives and keeping the fuel tank as full as possible at all times.
- Drain the carburetor of fuel if you expect the engine to sit unused for a long period of time.
Prevent carburetor icing by adding isopropyl alcohol to your fuel supply and avoid extended periods of no-load idling.
- Keep your battery fully charged to keep it from freezing.
Posts Tagged ‘welder generator’
A little preventative maintenance goes a long way in keeping your welder/generator in top shape. The article below walks through best practices for maintaining the gas engine in your welder/generator, and the consequences of poor maintenance. Regular maintenance will:
- Extend engine/welder life
- Ensure peak performance at all times
- Maintain reliability/avoiding costly breakdowns
- Prevent voiding warranty coverage
- Maximize resale value
Bobcat and Trailblazer