Richard Childress Racing
"Miller has been a great, great partner. When it comes to welding, Miller is about all I've ever known, and it's all that RCR has every operated with." – Richard Childress
Childress began racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 1969, earning six top-five and seventy six top-10 finishes. RCR was officially incorporated as a business venture in 1969, debuting at the Talladega 500.
More than 500 dedicated motorsports professionals work at the RCR complex, located in Welcome, N.C. The facility consists of 12 buildings and 500,000 square feet of shop space, including Earnhardt-Childress Racing Engines, the high performance engine production and research and development company, which built the engine that powered the 2010 Daytona 500 winner.
Nearly 100 people are fabricators and use the 110 Miller welders located at the RCR facilities.
- Millermatic® 212 Auto-Set™
- Millermatic® 211 AutoSet™ with MVP™ MIG welders
- Millermatic® 252 MIG welders
- Millermatic 350P MIG welders
- Millermatic® Passport® Plus MIG welder
- Dynasty® 200 TIG welders
- Dynasty® 350 TIG welders
- Syncrowave 250DX TIG welders
- Spectrum 375 plasma cutters
- Bobcat 250