Miller Brings Oil & Gas Welding Technology Conference and Expo to Edmonton, Alberta on June 4
Attendees to discover innovations, learn cost saving strategies and network with industry professionals
APPLETON, Wis. (May 7, 2014) — Miller Electric Mfg. Co. will host a free Oil & Gas Welding Technology Conference and Expo in Edmonton, Alberta on June 4, 2014. The event will bring together industry professionals and highlight real-world cutting, heating and welding technologies that improve results, save time and reduce costs. Events include educational seminars and a roundtable, live demonstrations and networking opportunities with industry leaders. The conference runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Edmonton EXPO Centre / Northlands Hall H (located at 7515 - 118 Avenue) and is being held in conjunction with Hobart Brothers, Magnaflux and E.H. Wachs. Registration is available at MillerWelds.com/oilgas.
Educational seminars and activities held throughout the day will include:
- Understanding the Sources and Remedies of Hydrogen Cracking
- Reducing Turn Around Times
- Why Cold Cutting is the Hot Technology in Weld Preparation
- Reducing Time and Improving Your Overlay/Buildup Applications with Electroslag Welding (ESW)
- Reducing Exposure to Hexavalent Chromium and Manganese in Stainless and Carbon Steel Welding
- Maximizing Output Efﬁciencies with Engine Driven Welders
- Roundtable Discussion on Oil & Gas Industry
Those encouraged to attend include welding engineers, research and development engineers, quality assurance managers, fleet managers, project managers, pipe shop and field managers, and others in ownership/management/supervisory positions.
Attendees can participate in live welding demonstrations at the Miller Road Show Truck and representatives will be available to answer product and welding questions. Complimentary lunch will be served and a social hour will conclude the day’s activities.
Visit MillerWelds.com/oilgas to register and view a full schedule of the day’s activities.
# # #