Miller and Hobart Brothers To Showcase Welding Solutions and New Technologies at MINExpo INTERNATIONAL 2012
Industry leaders join together to showcase the latest welding equipment, accessories and filler metal technologies designed to improve welding quality and productivity. Highlighted applications for the aggregates and mining industries include hard surfacing, equipment repair and plant construction/maintenance.
APPLETON, Wis., — June 22, 2012 — Miller Electric Mfg. Co. and Hobart Brothers Company will showcase welding solutions optimized for the aggregates and mining industries, as well as introduce new welding equipment, accessories and filler metals at MINExpo INTERNATIONAL 2012 (September 24 to 26 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas). Miller and Hobart Brothers will be exhibiting together in booths 5511/5513, while Miller will have a separate booth dedicated to work truck solutions in booth 4016. Live demos in booths 5511/5513 will include hard surfacing, welding and plasma cutting with the latest products from both companies.
Technologies featured at this year’s show include:
- The Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™ and the Big Blue® Air Pak™ — combination welder/generator/air compressors with optional battery charger/jump starter capabilities. These engine-driven machines provide optimal versatility for field service trucks with all the functionality to perform most field repairs requiring air and power tools, as well as premium welding arc performance.
- An industry exclusive, the Miller Big Blue 700 Duo Pro is a complete multi-process and multi-operator welder/generator that delivers two independent welding arcs in one complete package. It also features two independent generators (5,500-watts peak/4,000 watts continuous and 27,000-watts peak/20,000 watts continuous) for running jobsite tools, accessories or even additional inverter-based welding systems.
- EnPak® Mechanic Series is an industry exclusive diesel engine-driven air compressor, hydraulic pump and generator that integrates into a truck’s fuel and electrical supply, allowing full functionality of the truck’s hydraulic, pneumatic and power tools with the truck engine turned off. This lowers fuel use and idle time, reduces noise and extends the life of the mechanics truck.
- XMT® 450 multiprocess welding inverter with SuitCase® X-TREME™ voltage-sensing wire feeders set the standard for MIG and Flux-Cored welding applications, including hard surfacing. These systems are small, compact and portable, and are designed to withstand heavy use and harsh conditions in the field and in the shop.
- Miller Arc Armor™is a full line of safety gear and equipment designed specifically for welding applications. Miller will showcase everything from auto-darkening welding helmets and jackets to heat stress relief products and powered air purifying respirators.
Filler metals to be showcased and demonstrated by Hobart Brothers include:
- Hardalloy® 140, a hard surfacing stick electrode designed for overlay on carbon, low alloy or austenitic manganese steel. This stick electrode is excellent for high-abrasion applications that experience impact, and provides reliable re-strike characteristics and a stable arc to improve operator control.
- Hardalloy 155 is designed for overlay on surfaces subject to extremely severe abrasion. This stick electrode maintains its high-temperature wear resistance (up to 1250 degrees F) and offers good edge-building capabilities. It can be used on carbon, low alloy or manganese steel base metals and helps minimize cleanup due to its minimal slag coverage.
- Tube-Alloy® 240-O self-shielded flux-cored wire combines good abrasion resistance and moderate impact resistance, making it well suited as a general-purpose alloy. It generates minimal spatter and noise, and creates minimal slag to reduce interpass and post-weld cleaning.
- Tube-Alloy 255-O self-shielded flux-cored wire provides reliable overlay characteristics on applications subject to extremely severe abrasion or those requiring high-temperature wear resistance (up to 1250 degrees F). It readily provides stress-relief cracking without affecting wear properties.