High Res Media Images
Miller to Showcase New Aluminum MIG Welding System, Wire Feeder, Fume Extractor and More at WESTEC 2010
- Visit Miller at Booth #2336
- On display: AlumaFeed Synergic Aluminum Welding System, FILTAIR 130 portable fume extactor, Millermatic Reach wire feeder and ArcStation welding workstation
A high-res version of this photo can be found in the column on the right.
APPLETON, Wis., January 28, 2010—Miller Electric Mfg. Co. will present several new MIG and fume extraction solutions in booth #2336 at the WESTEC 2010 Exposition taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center, March 23-25. Products on display will include the new AlumaFeed™ Synergic Aluminum Welding System, designed to produce “stacked dime” pulsed MIG welds with minimal training, the FILTAIR™ 130 portable fume extractor, the Millermatic® Reach wire feeder and the ArcStation™ welding workbench.
- Miller’s AlumaFeed Synergic Aluminum Welding System is designed for high-volume, high arc-on time industrial aluminum applications requiring conventional MIG and pulsed MIG welding outputs. With AlumaFeed, there is no learning curve for experienced MIG welders to understand system controls, and novice welders can make production-quality pulsed MIG welds within hours using the system’s synergic control and the Profile Pulse™ output, which creates a “stacked dime” weld bead appearance without torch manipulation. AlumaFeed offers a long reach and lightweight portability for large aluminum weldments: boats, ships, yachts, emergency vehicles, trucks and trailers, recreational vehicles and general aluminum fabrication.
- The new Millermatic Reach wire feeder extends the range of the Millermatic 212 w/Auto-Set™, 25l, 252 and 350/350P MIG welders up to 40 feet, and adds dual wire-feed capabilities to any application for reduced spool changeover downtime. The Reach feeder connects directly to the power source’s 10-pin Amphenol connector and retains the full welding output of the power source. Miller’s Auto-Gun Detect™ technology allows users to seamlessly switch between the Reach feeder and the standard MIG gun attached to the power source, allowing for the use of multiple wire sizes and types without changing spools, drive rolls or tension settings.
- Designed specifically to capture the sub-micron particles present in welding fumes, Miller’s FILTAIR 130 fume extractor offers the highest rated particle removal available in a portable extractor. Weighing just 46 pounds, the FILTAIR 130 can be easily hand-carried throughout a job site and provides 132 cubic feet per minute air displacement. The unit comes with a standard 8-ft. collection hose; also available are optional 17- and 34-ft. hoses, all of which connect to funnel or slotted nozzles or a fume extraction welding gun.
- Miller’s ArcStation welding workbench offers an affordable and fully customizable workspace designed for a wide variety of both professional and hobbyist welding applications. Welders can choose a 30- x 30-in. or a 30- x 60-in. table and can customize it with optional accessories, including an x-pattern table top for simplified clamping and clean-up, X-Clamps, tool chest, weld curtain, vise and an assortment of shelving options. The ArcStation provides exceptional value when compared to the cost of building a similar workbench using store-bought materials.
Miller Electric Mfg. Co., headquartered in Appleton, Wis., is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller brand arc welding equipment and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW).
For more information, visit Miller’s Web site at www.MillerWelds.com, call 1-800-4-A-Miller (800-426-4553), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 877-327-8132, or write to Miller Electric Mfg. Co., P.O. Box 100, Lithonia, GA 30058.
Editorial contact: Insight Marketing, LLC, (262) 478-9297,
# # #