- Cross Country Pipeline
- Stainless Steel Welding
Pipe Welding Technique Videos Now Available
Advances in pipe welding technique videos are now available at MillerWelds.com.
APPLETON, Wis., June 9, 2008—Miller Electric Mfg. Co.’s Pipe Welding Technique videos are now available for free downloading here. These videos explain techniques and technology that increase pipe-welding productivity. On-line video topics include new advances in pipe welding techniques, preparation of the pipe joint, RMD™ on carbon steel pipe, RMD™ on stainless steel pipe, and cap and fill passes with Pro-Pulse™. A free CD containing these videos can also be ordered by clicking here.
Miller’s new, patented RMD™ and Pro-Pulse™ advanced technologies are optimized for pipe welding on steel and stainless steel.
RMD (Regulated Metal Deposition) creates an exceptionally calm, stable arc and weld puddle, making it ideal for root pass welding. RMD delivers the following key benefits:
- Consistently superior quality with fewer costly reworks
- Easy-to-use, requiring less weld training time to master
- Lays down more metal with one pass, saving money by eliminating the need for a hot pass
- Can potentially eliminate backing gas to qualify procedures on stainless steel.
The Pro-Pulse™ welding process is a new pulsed welding method ideally suited for fill and cap pass welding that provides:
- A shorter arc length and narrow arc cone for out-of-position welding
- Improved fusion and fill at the toe of the weld
- Less heat input, which reduces interpass temperature and cooling time and improves weld-cycle time
- Increased ease-of-use in out-of-position pipe welding applications as compared to traditional spray transfer methods.
In addition, using Pro-Pulse for fill and cap passes combined with RMD Pro for root passes permits procedures using the same wire and gas, eliminating process switchover time. The RMD and Pro-Pulse processes are synergic, virtually eliminating arc wander and variations in tip-to-work distances, providing easier puddle control and reducing training time.
Miller Electric Mfg. Co. is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller brand arc welding equipment and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW).