High Res Media Images
- Millermatic 212 - Image 1
- Millermatic 212 - Image 2
- Millermatic 212 - Image 3
- Millermatic 212 - Image 4
- Millermatic 252 - Image 1
- Millermatic 252 - Image 2
- Millermatic 252 - Image 3
- Millermatic 252 - Image 4
- Millermatic 252 - Image 5
New Millermatics™ MIG Welders Increase Operator Convenience, Productivity While Maintaining Arc Quality
- Eliminate the need to lift heavy gas cylinders
- Easier to switch between steel and aluminum welding
|The new Millermatic DVI2™, Millermatic 212 and Millermatic 252 provide superior arc performance while eliminating the need to lift heavy gas cylinders and making it easier to switch between welding steel and aluminum.|
APPLETON, Wis., June 26, 2007—Miller Electric Mfg. Co. today introduced three new Millermatic™ models: the Millermatic™ DVI2™, Millermatic 212 and Millermatic 252. The new Millermatics maintain the same high quality arc characteristics as their predecessors (the Millermatic DVI, 210 and 251), but add several new features to increase operator friendliness, workplace convenience and productivity, such as the ability to roll rather than lift gas cylinders into position and to switch easily between steel and aluminum applications.
Enhancements common to the three Millermatic models include:
- A patented EZ-Change™ cylinder rack, which allows operators to roll gas cylinders on and off the cylinder rack, rather than having to lift gas cylinders into place.
- An angled dual-gear drive system with a spring-loaded drive roll assembly for easy wire changes, tool-less drive roll changeover, convenient drive roll storage and smoother wire feeding. Angling the gear system provides a smoother wire feed and will help keep operators from bumping into the gun.
- An EZ-Access™ consumable compartment and parameter chart, conveniently located on the front of the machine below the control panel for easy access.
Millermatic 212 - Image 3: Miller's exclusive split handle design serves two purposes. The handles enable operators to easily store the work lead and power cable make the machine easy to move around the shop floor.
Additionally, the Millermatic 252 (250 amps at 40% duty cycle) features a large digital display and a built-in digital timer menu for setting standard wire feed run-in, shielding gas pre/post flow, wire burnback and spot/delay (used to set repeatable tack welding parameters and ensure consistency) times. A push-pull gun direct connect feature allows a push-pull gun to plug directly into the machine without the need for costly extra modules. A patented Auto Gun Detect™ feature allows the operator to simply pull the trigger on a connected MIG gun, spool gun or push-pull gun while the machine recalls the voltage, wirefeed speed and timer settings of the active gun.
|Millermatic DVI2 - Image 3: The new Millermatics include an angled dual-gear drive system with a spring-loaded drive roll assembly for easy wire changes, tool-less drive roll changeover, convenient drive roll storage and smoother wire feeding.|
Miller’s exclusive Gun-On-Demand™ is featured on both the Millermatic 212 (standard) and the DVI2™ (as an optional kit). Gun-On-Demand allows users to keep both a MIG gun and Spoolmate™ spool gun installed simultaneously and simply pull the trigger on either gun to select it for welding.
|Millermatic 252 - Image 5: A patented EZ-Change™ cylinder rack, allows operators to roll gas cylinders on and off the cylinder rack, rather than having to lift gas cylinders into place.|
Both the Millermatic 212 (210 amps at 30% duty cycle) and DVI2 (Dual Voltage Input 230/115V) feature thermal overload protection, which shuts down the unit and displays an over-temperature light when the duty cycle is exceeded or airflow is blocked. Both the Millermatic 252 and 212 come with a standard 15-foot MIG gun, three feet longer than their predecessors.
Miller Electric Mfg. Co. is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller arc welding equipment and related systems for metalworking, construction, maintenance and other applications. Miller Electric is a wholly owned subsidiary of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), Glenview, Ill. ITW is a diversified multinational manufacturer of highly engineered components, assemblies and systems.