MILLER TO SHOWCASE NEW SAFETY APPAREL, EASY-TO-USE MIG WELDER AND LIGHTWEIGHT PLASMA CUTTER AT WESTEC 2007
- Live demos to include plasma cutting, TIG and MIG welding
- Visit Miller at Booth #4161
APPLETON, Wis. January 15, 2007-- Miller Electric Mfg. Co. (MillerWelds.com) will conduct TIG, MIG and plasma cutting demos and display several new products, including its new line of Arc Armor™ safety apparel, Spectrum® 375 X-TREME™ plasma cutter and the Millermatic® 140 with Autoset™, at the WESTEC 2007 Exposition & Conference (Booth #4161), March 26-29 in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Miller Arc Armor safety apparel was designed to meet the demand for attractive safety apparel that fits as well as it functions. This line of affordable safety apparel focuses on style, design and comfort, using high quality materials and a welder-friendly design to break away from the clunky, boxy standard currently found in the industry. New gloves specially designed for MIG, Stick, TIG and metalworking make their debut alongside three new welding jackets and other accessories such as flame resistant welding sleeves, bandanas, caps and a job-site tool bag. For more information, visit http://www.millerwelds.com/products/safetygear/.
- With the new Miller Millermatic® 140 with Auto-Set™, Miller Electric Mfg. Co. has created the simplest wire welder in the industry. With the new all-in-one MIG welder, the user simply has to set the wire diameter and material thickness. The patent pending Auto-Set technology automatically sets wire feed speed and voltage to achieve optimal welding results.
“Auto-Set technology allows the user to weld with confidence knowing that the machine is properly set up,” says Ken Stanzel, Product Manager, Miller Electric. “Welders with all types of ability will benefit from this new technology as it allows them to focus on their welding without worrying if their machine has been set up properly.” For more information, visit http://millerwelds.com/products/autoset/.
- The Miller Spectrum® 375 X-TREME™, takes plasma cutting to unprecedented levels of portability. Weighing only 18 lbs., the Spectrum 375 X-TREME plasma cutter, provides the cutting capacity of machines twice its size, is light enough to be carried by the included shoulder strap, and versatile enough to connect to any 115V-230V single-phase power supply. The user only has to select the correct (115 V, 15A or 230V, 50A) Multi-Voltage Plug (MVP™) for the power supply and connect it to the power cord. The MVP can be switched in just seconds without the need for tools.
For more information, visit http://millerwelds.com/products/plasma/spectrum_375_x-treme/
With headquarters in Appleton, Wis., Miller Electric Mfg. Co. is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller brand arc welding equipment and related systems for metalworking, construction, maintenance and other applications. Miller Electric is a wholly owned subsidiary of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), Glenview, Ill. ITW is a diversified multinational manufacturer of highly engineered components, assemblies and systems.